We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too old for a beach hut?

UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Too old for a beach hut?

Just booked for Palolem end of December, taking family and very excited as it's our first trip to Goa, although have been to Sri Lanka a few times.

Got a friend out there who is organising accommodation for us. He suggests that my adult kids and friends stay on the beach, but that I would be more comfortable in a guest house.

Thing is - I've got a romantic hankering to sit outside my own hut and watch the sun go down each day.

Any advice for an aging hippy?

Are the huts that basic? I'm not looking for luxury, a bed and hopefully a loo would be nice, but that's all.

Would like to hear from any other oldies who have stayed here and what their experiences were.

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Goa
Goa
India
n wales
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Too old for a beach hut?

we stayed in beach hut in mandrem, yes they are very basic but we had an 'en suite' in hut also had electric and fan, It had comfy bed with a mossie net on. Had wicker chairs to sit on, it was fine but if you want a little bit more comfort then go for a 2 or 3 star accommodation. Although our hut was fine on a previous holiday to Goa we hired a taxi to take us to various beaches to look at beach huts and some were not what I would have wanted to stay in.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
manchester
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too old for a beach hut?

my advice would be - just go for it and follow your dreams, all you need is a bed, shower and beach in Palolem , it is paradise, I am middle aged and would not hesitate to stay in a beach hut in Palolem, infact I will be in March 2008, love shirley

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,194 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too old for a beach hut?

100% go for it without question also have a wander up to Agonda Beach 10/15 minutes away by Tuk Tuk. Have a great trip :-)

Mentioned in this post
Agonda Beach
Agonda Beach
1,973 Reviews
Agonda, India
Barry, United...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too old for a beach hut?

Go for it .... Your friend is trying to be kind aging hippy or not you will be fine. It will basic but also wonderful. Youll be amazed at the number of older people go to Goa. My friends mum has met up with us there the last 3 years and she's 80+ and travels there alone!!

enjoy yourself from a 50+ Goa lover

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too old for a beach hut?

Aw....bless you guys - giving me fresh heart. Especially since had a look at Youtube and everyone on the beach seems to be a size 8 bikini!

You're right - will go with it. What the heck.

Anyone on Palomen December/January - I am the white elephant lumbering across the sands..........

:-)

Sheffield
Level Contributor
619 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too old for a beach hut?

We are 50+, and have a night at Palolem each trip. Some now have en-suite which is a tent attached to the back. The communal facilities are quite adequate and clean, so don't fret on that score.

It's a giggle and you will regret forever if you don't go once, if its to much, move to a guest house later.

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
7. Re: Too old for a beach hut?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 07:50
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations