We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leela Palace

London, UK
6 posts
1 review
Leela Palace

Me and my girlfriend are flying to Goa on Saturday (9th), and I was wondering if anybody had stayed at this hotel? I mainly want to know what to expect and any reccomendations for restaurents in the general area.

On a side note we have deceded against taking anti malarial tablets as I am concerend with the side effects and feel that I will be worring about it all the time. I have heard that Goa is not as badly effected with Malaria as some parts of india just wanted to see if anybody has heard the same.

Thanks

walsall
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Leela Palace

i have not stayed here but always spend lots of time in the leela its got to be the best in goa . outside on the beach is pearls beach shack its fabulas food. keep away from mike he has been known to rip people off he tried it with us. beach sellers can be a problem . karmel seemed to be fair but do not get taken in. sarongs large not any more than 150 rupees mirrowed small phone books 50 rupees ankle chains between 30 ,50 rupees tell them you normally stay in north goa as its much cheaper. then on the road is bettys place this is excellent . watch the taxi's they will rip you off use the bus into margo but don't go in rush hour its full to the brim. by the haathi mahal there's the golden eye ask for jimmy he will give you a fare at the right price . [ bettys place also does aboat trip 750 rupees for a full day best value in goa.]

we do not take malaria tablets as they make me ill. i did get a device from argos solar powered which kept the flies away it clips to your clothes or you can wear in on its cord round your neck. have a great time wish i was coming with you

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations