We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa/Kerala

London
11 posts
Save Topic
Goa/Kerala

Hi - am looking to spend 10 days in Goa / Kerala in late March. Can you tell me what the weather will be like, and what the highlights are with both destinations. I'm 35 years old and will be meeting a friend who is currently in Mysore.

Any hotel recommendations would also be helpful - medium standard.

Thanks

Ian

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Kerala
Kerala
India
The Park Baga River Goa
The Park Baga River Goa
#1 of 23 hotels in Arpora
Coco Shambhala
Coco Shambhala
#1 of 130 hotels in Bardez
Sterling Goa Varca
Sterling Goa Varca
#1 of 10 hotels in Varca
Sheffield
Level Contributor
619 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa/Kerala

Definitely hot and humid, the heat is OK, but the humidity can be uncomfortable mainly at night. Strongly recommend A/C in your hotel bedroom to get a peaceful sleep. Did both Goa & Kerala in March a few years ago without A/C and it wasn't pleasant, but now OK with A/C.

As you do not mention whereabouts in Goa or Kerala you intend to stay, then can't really point you to tried and tested hotels.

Post again with your areas you would like to stay, and others will give you somemore info on hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Kerala
Kerala
India
London
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa/Kerala

Thanks Smoking for your post. I'd welcome any suggestions about which area in Goa to stay in. Would like to stay away from the built up resort type areas if possible.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Sydney
Level Contributor
895 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa/Kerala

Hi Smoking,

Wondered if you could recommend somewhere to stay in Cochin.

I am a lone female and would like somewhere very safe and clean. It is not necessary for it to be a five star place - am not a rich American. Would not mind a home stay provided it was convenient to the main areas of Cochin.

I have sent off a few emails but have received no replies. What would you recommend in Cochin please? Also any other place in Kerala that you found particularly interesting - both accommodation and cultural wise.

Best wishes from Sydney.

Mentioned in this post
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Ernakulam District, India
Kerala
Kerala
India
Sydney
Level Contributor
895 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa/Kerala

Hi again Smoking,

Forgot to say that I will be arriving in Cochin (Kochi) on the 28th November and will stay about two days before moving on.

What will the weather be like - not too hot, but about what temperature pls?

Mentioned in this post
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Sheffield
Level Contributor
619 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa/Kerala

Ianinputney & Studioworks

My favourite area of Goa is the South, and my favoured resort is Cavellosim. Not over developed, really good beach, and a bit of atmosphere in and around the village. Plenty of good standard guest houses. And in late March no problem in finding somewhere nice.

See Goanjock reviews and posts on accommodation in and around Cavellosim, he also loves the place, and has a wealth of knowledge in that area.

From here all of Goa is easily accessable. Close by is Magao a bustling and interesting city, where you can catch the train down to Kerala. I believe the Konkan Express runs twice a day. But don't quote me on that, check to make sure.

As for Kerala I only stayed in Kovalam, which is a nice place. I also did the overnight trip on the rice boat, on the backwaters up near Alleppey. That is a good peaceful and interesting experience.

Afraid I never saw Cochin so can not help you at all there. As a lone female you would be fine in Kovalam, but is a bit to far from Cochin. Weather in November is perfect no humidity and not to hot, the ideal time really.

I will have a look on the web for hotels in Cochin, and if I find anything, I will re-post any of note.

Hope you both get sorted with your arrangements and have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Kerala
Kerala
India
Kovalam
Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram District, India
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Sydney
Level Contributor
895 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa/Kerala

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to hearing any further info re accommodation in Kerala. Good to hear that November is not too hot.

Does anyone else know of a place they would recommend? Not five star, but good and clean - and perhaps interesting? I would particularly like a home stay or guest house.

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
east sussex
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Goa/Kerala

Spice holidays or something like that in Cochin

Mentioned in this post
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
8. Re: Goa/Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:49
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations