We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parcel Post

Nottingham
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parcel Post

Hi All

My wife and I are off to Goa for 3 months on Monday and are tearing our hair out packing! We have been 3 times before and have always ended up bringing back loads of goodies so what we will accumulate in 3 months is anyones guess!

My question is, has anyone ever sent a parcel back to the UK from Goa? We were thinking of posting back low value items but have had little success with the postal system in the past when we have sent postcards.

Many thanks,

Alan

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parcel Post

Use Speed Post instead of regular post. The regualr post system is terrible for parcels. When I have to send parcels abroad I use Speed Post. It costs me more but it usually gets through in 10 - 12 days in intact condition.

Speed post will be available at the bigger post offices, probably in Margao and Panjim.

Mentioned in this post
Margao
Margao
South Goa District, India
Panjim
Panjim
North Goa District, India
Nottingham
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parcel Post

Thank you Brave1 - that is a really useful tip.

Alan

Wales
Level Contributor
230 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parcel Post

Hi, We sent parcels using Speed Post last year, costs a bit more but well worth it - It arrived to the UK in 4 Days (Including the Weekends), we were stunned and will def be using again this year. We posted from the Calangute Post Office, Its a long process, lots of queues and forms to fill in. You will need to pack everything in one large box and then get it covered in cotton, the cotton then gets sewn together to form an envelope and than you write your address and senders address in felt pen. There is a guy around to do the sewing / wrapping for you - Just remember to tip him as this is his job. One Big Box is cheaper than sending lots of smaller boxes, One English Guy actually had a special box made for him - It was Huge!! We just used a standard cardboard box and everything arrived safely.

Mentioned in this post
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
4. Re: Parcel Post

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 00:49