We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well, that's Christmas booked.......

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
Well, that's Christmas booked.......

Yes, I know it's still mid-January and less than a fortnight since the return to Blighty, but just booked the Christmas flight. Some great deals on Lufthansa website for prime Christmas time flights, less than £650 return to Bombay. Just need to book some domestic flights now - they are usually only about £35-ish each way if you book as soon as the flights go on sale.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

Well done LR. I like to book asap too , hate the wait when we get home for flights to become available .

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

I looked at Qatar Airways multi-destination, into Goa, out of Bombay, but that was £850 economy plus about £65 for early morning minicab to Heathrow. Lufthansa option included first leg from London City Airport, about 15 minutes away in a minicab with a very short check in time as it is such a small airport. And short transit times in Frankfurt too.

Noticed some charter flights on travelrepublic leaving LGW on Xmas day for £600 return, 3 weeks. Now that is a serious bargain, but I wanted Bombay as main departure point to get the shopping in!

Edited: 22 January 2016, 13:18
Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

Nothing wrong with booking early - says she who booked almost 14 months in advance lol. Just as well flights and holidays aren't released even earlier or I'd probably have my summer holiday for 2017 booked too!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
11,081 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

Good price LR. Im sure that you'll have another wonderful time.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
914 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

It something to look forward to! Booked air India internal flight for November earlier this week...£47 return.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

Qatar seem to be expensive for next season... We are waiting for Tickets to India prices, if they are high, then I will book flight with TC.... For end of December .... Just hate waiting...

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

Glyn will have to check out TTI myself and see what they have on offer. Tried to talk my daughter into having the dogs for 8 weeks this time, but no luck :-((. oh well will have to be happy with 6 weeks. if i see any good flights i will let you now. :-)) Gel

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

I'll look at domestic flights next weekend to see if they are on sale. I prefer Jet Airways for domestic and was quite astonished that they now offer a full breakfast service on the early morning flight from GOI to BOM. I had obviously ordered the fruit platter all those months ago and it was actually very good - two plates of quite decent slices of melons, pineapple, papaya and apple.

I let my original flight from BOM - GOI go as I decided on an extra day there at the start and it was to expensive to rebook with Jet as the prices had gone up to about £220 one way. Booked with Spicejet instead for about £45, actually very good, prompt, nice staff. Had a bit of an issue about the credit card I had booked on not being available (it was sitting at home in my purse in London, another story for another day!) and since producing the credit card was 'mandatory', they had to take me back outside the terminal to the sales point so I could get the ticket refunded to the original card and buy back the ticket on the debit card I actually had with me! Not their fault and very well handled.

I think that, unless you are travelling during the Christmas and New Yesr peak dates that it's safe to hold off and watch the prices dip and rise and go in for the kill when it feels right. For Christmas, I always book early. About a month before departure, this year's BA ticket had increased to £2.5k for premium economy out and club class back. I paid quite a lot, but not that amount!

9. Re: Well, that's Christmas booked.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2017, 10:47