We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Hi,

I would be arriving from GOI Dabolim Airport using a Taxi to Madgaon and then plan to take a bus to Palolem (traveling on fixed budget). I heard that there are no direct buses from Dabolim to Palolem, so taking the option of taxi-ing to Madgaon.

Can anybody please guide me of how and from where exactly I can board a bus with my luggage (of course with available seats :) ) ?

Madgaon -> Palolem

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Any suggestions guys...

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
18,638 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

When you are arriving at Dabolim.There are trains between Madgaon to Cancona.If you are able to take any of the train then it would be cheapest (and most likely fastest).Cancona to palolem by Bus.If you have time and want to go for cheapest then come near crossing outside airport and ask any local where the bus to Vasco stop.From crossing you would get bus to Vasco.From Vasco you would get bus to Madgaon.

Mentioned in this post
Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

As said,cheapest way by far is to get the Bus from Airport to Vasco(10 rupees), bus from Vasco to Margoan(less than 40 rupees) then bus from Margoan to Palolem(less than 40 rupees) . Entire journey time would be 2-3 hrs approx and cost less than 100 rupees.Luggage either goes up-front with the driver or in the boot of the Bus. As for seats-buses do sometimes get extremely crowded but you are getting on the Bus at the start of all 3 trips,so you will get a seat but the Bus will fill up on your journey.

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Hi average surrey bloke Does the bus actually stop at the airport ??

mind you even if you catch a taxi to vasco you'd save around a 1000rps thanks

sharon

Edited: 21 January 2016, 00:24
Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Hi,

Assuming I want the journey from Dabolim to Margaon by taxi, and then I take a bus to Palolem... where should I get down at Margaon?

I heard somewhere that there are no-standing bus service to Palolem... any idea?

Mentioned in this post
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Yes there is a bus from airport to Vasco,as you exit airport(avoid all the taxi men if you can)look for a strange looking statue,the bus stops on the main road directly by this statue.

If you have no rupees when you arrive,do not exit the airport until you have found an ATM or exchange place,as there is no where to get cash outside of airport and once you exit the airport you are not allowed entry back in for security reasons.

Enjoy your bus trip and the few Kingfishers you can drink out of your saving!!!!

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Hi Averagesurreybloke... actually I was asking for the bus reference for the Margao -> Palolem route.

From where should I board the bus at Margao for Palolem... that would guarantee me seats and also space for my luggage?

Mentioned in this post
Margao
Margao
South Goa District, India
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Take your taxi from Airport to Fatorda Bus Station,Margao. From there you take the bus to Canacona, the bus will stop at Canacona for about 10 mins then it will go to Patnem/Palolem. Cost will be around 40 rups and will take 1 hr.

Mentioned in this post
Margao
Margao
Canacona
Canacona
Patnem
Patnem
Canacona, India
Palolem
Palolem
Canacona, India
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

Rahal as already asked the question When are you arriving meaning your time also how many ? if its 4 or more then just go with the taxi also if theres just the 1 or 2 try to see if anybody is willing to share the taxi fare with you

sharon

Edited: 22 January 2016, 00:35
Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Madgaon (Margao) to Palolem beach bus options

The bus from Vasco goes to the main bus station at Margoan. At Margoan just ask any worker there and he will direct you to the right bus.There is always space for your luggage,regardless how busy the bus is.