We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates A380 from Manchester

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates A380 from Manchester

Just had an email from Manchester Airport saying Emirates will be flying the A380 twice a day to Abu Dhabi. This means the Jet/ Emirates to Goa via Abu Dhabi should use an A380 now on the Emirates leg. Hope they have a few special offers for next season. Jet are only taking bookings up to 1st February , so I have another 3 weeks to wait for our dates to become available. Checked price in January and it's around £750, been around £500 at times this season. Fingers crossed for a sale.

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Goa
Goa
India
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates A380 from Manchester

Don't Emirates go via Dubai, It's Etihad that goes via Abu Dhabi............well hope so cos i'm on the Jet/Etihad flight;-)

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates A380 from Manchester

Emirates fly into Dubai, but they do have shuttle flights between Dubai and Abu Dhabi (Etihad have shuttle coaches between Abu Dhabi and Dubai - it can't be much more than about 2 hours along that huge highway anyway). Maybe they are entering into a partnership with Etihad to pay back that huge bailout the Abu Dhabi rulers put the way of Dubai!

Travelled on the Emirates A380 last Easter on three of the four flights to/from Bangkok. Really comfortable and spacious seating arrangement in economy class too. Travelling with Qatar on the same route in the summer, also on the A380, but not expecting quite the standards of Emirates.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates A380 from Manchester

My mistake . I was so excited about a go on an A380 I got my airlines mixed up. Wishful thinking... : ) It's Etihad I was hoping would have the A380 's . Never mind.

Edited: 08 March 2015, 03:36
4. Re: Emirates A380 from Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2016, 11:46