We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai to Goa by sea

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mumbai to Goa by sea

Hi

Has anyone done the transfer from Mumbai to Goa by sea. I understand that a catamaran(?spelling) used to run daily - is it still running and are there any other options by sea.

regards Lynn

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai to Goa by sea

Hi Lyn

Have never done it but I know 2/3 years ago we used to watch it daily sail to Panaji and out to Mumbai again. Didnt notice it last year so am unsure if it still runs

Lynx

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai to Goa by sea

virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/India/Goa-109… web site shows reviews by people who have done so hope it is of use

Lyn x

U.K.
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai to Goa by sea

We did the catamaran trip a few years back. It was discontinued some time ago and as far as I know it has not been recommenced.

I would not recommend it, it was a tedious journey which took 7 to 8 hours.

I imagined it would be a pleasant journey where you could sit out on a deck but it wasnt. You had to sit in a cabin the whole time and you couldnt see any land, just the sea. It was a bit like being on a plane except for the fact that you had more legroom on the catamaran.

It was even worse going back to Goa as the return trips were always overnight.

walsall
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai to Goa by sea

Thanks for the replies.

I dont think I'll bother looking into that then. I was thinking about it for next year when we will be trying to get out for a few months and thought it would make a change but dont fancy sitting for another 8 hours after a 10 hour flight.

Regards Lynn