We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome to India - BBC documentary

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Welcome to India - BBC documentary

(Posting here as well as India forum)

Part 2 on tonight..... don't miss it!

BBC2 / BBC HD, 9pm

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

I loved this program. And we complain here. They just get on with life.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

voyageurdeInde...

It's on BBC iplayer:

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/…

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

thanks qifitness!

i will try that by weekend :)

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

For the benefit of anyone who missed the programme but would like to watch it later, you can download it from the BBC iplayer:

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/…

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

Did the Tories commission this series?

The message appears to be "you think it's bad now? Look at how they manage to survive in India...why can't you useless plebs pull your socks up and scavenge like the rest of the worlds poor?

Also, the incidental music is in many instances inappropriate, it sets the wrong tone for many of the situations witnessed in the program. There are people living in appalling circumstances, the soundtrack undermines the seriousness of the content.

Yeah, you see them smiling, but do you really think they are having fun? Do you really think they are content living such lives?

And what of the corruption, and injustice in Indian society? the inequality? the male chauvinism? the abuse? the caste system and blind religious fervour?

They should perhaps make a documentary that explains why billions of dollars is spent on defence in India while there are children still starving to death in villages all over the country.

Edited: 12 October 2012, 17:48
UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,429 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

I take it you will not be watching the third and final episode then BrandonDrain?

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

Whoooo brandon calm down , Lifes what you make it .I can dare say a few of us useless plebs have already seen with our own eyes the class policy that exists all over india OBV you have .imho i have met happier indians with nothing than i have us brits with everything ,At the moment still 2 different worlds .steve

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

"And what of the corruption, and injustice in Indian society? the inequality? the male chauvinism? the abuse? the caste system and blind religious fervour? They should perhaps make a documentary that explains why billions of dollars is spent on defence in India while there are children still starving to death in villages all over the country."

Well BrandonDrain, why don't you contact the BBC and give these ideas for some more documentaries that they 'should' make.

You've missed the point of 'Welcome to India' by a mile.

Edited: 12 October 2012, 20:23
UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,429 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

Spot on qifitness.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Welcome to India - BBC documentary

Information for those interested in who made this series (and for BrandonDrain):

'Welcome to India' was made by an independent production company called KEO Films who have made several award-winning documentary series, shown on BBC and Channel 4:

http://www.keofilms.com/about-keo/

Here's more details of the series we've been watching:

www.keofilms.com/production/welcome-to-india/

(Anyone see any mention of 'commissioned by the Tories'... lol)

Edited: 12 October 2012, 21:55