We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who to use

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
933 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Who to use

Hi everyone

Looking for recommendations for our trip to Hampi late Dec !!

Already Have Quote's from Valerie Travel and Davidair, still waiting on Johns boat and Daytripper .

Has anyone used any of the above for Hampi and if so did everything go ok ? what was the hotel like??

Thanks

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who to use

Hi lizzardlips our friends went with daytripper and had a fantastic time but they did say that a couple who were travelling with them had booked with valaries travel and had much better accommodation .

Mandy

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
933 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who to use

Thank you

We have been offered a 2* or a 4* hotel from both! Valaries are the cheaper quote for the same trip ! just did not know anything about them .

Think I iwll need to book soon as its the18th I would like to go .....from what I have been told seats book quickly .

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who to use

Well though we didn't do hampi with valeries we did do three other trips including the two night tiger and tusker and we thought they were really good and well organised . I've no idea how quickly they book up and both times we went march/April when everything is much quieter I would imagine Dec is very popular , happy booking .....

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
933 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who to use

Thanks again

What did you think of the tiger and tusker trip ?? We also liked the look of that and are there for 4 weeks this time :)...

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who to use

Oh it was an eye opener ,a gruelling 5 hour train journey like sardines but it was worth every minute . You go to udopi and it really feels like you are in the "real" India the food was all Indian ,the visit to the elephant sanctuary was really good as you got to get in the river with them ,much better than the spice plantation, the tigers were in a sort of big enclosure a bit zooified but very close ,it was the temple visit that was the highlight we really felt like wed seen something different .

We were so glad wed done it even though it felt like hard work at the time .

When we go next year we are going to try the Mumbai trip on a sleeper train which also looks really good .

Lucky you having 4 weeks you'll be able to fit loads in .

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
933 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who to use

That sounds fab ..........may have to look into that for the new year :)

I bet the 4 weeks fly by ! My holidays are never long enough lol .

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who to use

We have been using Valerie Travel for over 10 years.....never had a problem.

I always book with Savio, the owner who is present at the Calangute Branch opposite the old petrol pump/CoffeeDay.

UK
Level Contributor
692 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who to use

We used Davidair in Candolim for our trip to Hampi last December, we upgraded to the 4* option and stayed at the Krishna Palace in Hospet, we all had a fantastic time and I would highly recommend it, don't let the long train journey put you off

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who to use

we went in march with Johns boat tours and had a brilliant time. It seemed that nearly everyone had paid a different price but we still had the same service and fantasic tour guide. I wish we had upgraded hotels as the one we stayed at was really basic and after a day in the scorching sun a bit of air con would have been great. We did have a meal in the Krishna Palace and although lovely and smart it was a pretty souless place. At least the grottier place had friendlier staff and actually far superior food.

Would highly recommend the Hampi trip who ever yu decide to book with.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who to use

Hi - i think I am going to book with Valeries on the 27th dec to hampi- have you paid in advance? Jen