We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
25 reviews
Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

Hi everyone,

We've finally decided to have our wedding in Goa due to most of my family living there (we live in the UK). I've always gone to stay with them, so have absolutely no idea of which hotel / resort to choose!

I like North Goa's attractions (busy beaches / restaurants), although would consider south Goa due to the unspoiled beaches, and then move to a hotel after that week to enjoy North Goa.

Would anyone recommend a venue, particulary one that does not depend on having a minimum amount of rooms that need to be booked, in order for our guests to choose exactly where they would like to stay.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
1. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

a Beach Wedding ✿⊱╮deserves a bump, and help :-)

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
2. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

some (quick) Refs:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums?ff=6045&geo=297604&scope=2&q=marriage+&sub-search.x=14&sub-search.y=8&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums-g297604-i9241-a_scope.2-a_sub-search.Click+to+search+forums-a_sub-search.x.0-a_sub-search.y.0-e__2F__-qmarried-Goa.html

(copy & paste)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i9241-k136…

pinterest.com/sunjayjk/…

pinterest.com/sunjayjk/…

ATB

Edited: 22 August 2012, 02:21
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

I met someone in South Goa who arranges bespoke beach weddings; just after Christmas she had arranged a wedding at Kola Beach. The wedding party was staying in various beach huts at Patnem and at the Intercontinental - they were all at the beach shack most days in the lead up to wedding and it all sounded very relaxed and organised as the bride was deciding the menu, finalising the champagne reception and the cocktails, arranging spa treatments for herself and other guests. It was by all accounts a fine wedding, not legally valid in the UK though! I think they had nipped off the register office before they had left these shores.

It was arranged by KokoIndia , a local business run by a European woman who is also a travel writer.

By the way, I thought it was quite telling that most of those staying at the Lalit the Initercontinental got a tuk tuk each morning to Patnem Beach rather than loll around their expensive luxury pool!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

We watched a lovely wedding at Leela in the south ....elephant and every thing.

Leeds
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

Check this out -

http://www.weddingsanddreams.in/

Lester Melo organised my wedding and it was brilliant, you can spend as little or as much as you like. I got married at the Taj (fort aguada)

6. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2012, 22:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

Thank you everyone for the replies - I've had a look at the links which have then directed me to other relevant areas! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

adam-silver : When you got married at the Taj, what was it like? I've read a few reviews that like it, but some say that the place is very dated? Not sure which ones are true and which ones are critical?

9. Re: Planning our wedding in Goa, but have no idea which venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 14:45