We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday

Scotland
11 posts
Save Topic
Easter Sunday

We will arrive in Goa on the morning of Easter Sunday (less than two weeks to go now -YES!!) and wondered if everything or anything will be open for business?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Sunday

It is business as usual on Christmas Day so I don't suppose Easter will be any different.

Have a good one. I'll be spending my Easter in Kerala.

Scotland
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Sunday

Thanks Katie. Not that we'll be doing much on the first day but would like to get a feel for what's going on in the area.

Have a great time in Kerala.

New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Sunday

I'm no expert on Goa, but it's got a large christian population, it's off-season, and Sunday is the one day of the week that is the traditional day off across India, so many things may be closed on Easter Sunday. That's just a guess, though. Major hotels should be open.

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Sunday

I was out in Candolim at Easter in 2003. Nothing closed - restaurants,bars and beach were as usual. Can't say about the shops as I do not go in them very often but don't remember seeing "closed" signs.

Candybabe

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter Sunday

Hi Silver25

I was out in Candolim, Goa, for the last 2 weeks of April last year, 2005, and there was lots open, just about everything.

By the end of April things will start to close - ie the beach shacks will be being dismantled (fasinating to watch on a daily basis!!) and some businesses will start to close - but there are still so many open in all resorts in North Goa, you won't have a problem. In fact, lots of bargains as it will be their last chance to sell!

I too am arriving on Easter Sunday, flying with MyTravel and staying (again) at the Highland Beach Resort. How about you?

Regards

Scotland
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Sunday

Thanks for replies.

Bluesmania - Out of Gatwick on evening of 15th and trying not to think about that as we're on the Monach flight. After all I've read on the forum not looking forward it one bit! Nevermind, a couple of shandies before the flight and we'll hopefully sleep most of the time - if we get any comfort at all.