We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British passport but living in Ireland

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
British passport but living in Ireland

Daughter and her mate have just booked to join us next year. Her mate lives in Southern Ireland but is English and has a British Passport. Does anyone know if this could be a problem/complication for the visa and whether she would still apply to London or Ireland .

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

Scousemat

It may take a few days longer, but it shouldn't be a problem. They may require a U.K. address for reference or Irish utility bills.

Wolf

UK
Level Contributor
9,229 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

The link is here for visas issued in Ireland.

indianembassy.ie/app/…visa-services.htm

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

Thanks for all the replies. Just looked at the visa form for Ireland and it looks like you can fill it in by hand and use normal passport photo.

UK
Level Contributor
9,229 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

That's good Scousemat.

Don't know if you picked this up but they say that tourist visas are normally issued for three months with a single entry. They also state that if you want a six month visa with double/triple entry you must request it with justification for the request.

Southport
Level Contributor
164 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

when we got our visa we were issued with multiple entry valid for 6 months and we never asked for that.

We met a chap with an Irish passport living in Birmingham, he had trouble getting a visa when applying in London. Suggested he apply to Dublin office next time as his passport will not stand out then. Same may apply in this case. I would apply to London if it were me. Just make sure the postage is right for getting it back.

UK
Level Contributor
9,229 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

It will not work that way dominoSouthpo as to apply in London you have to live in the UK.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

Hi totally agree Igirl as when I was handing in my forms this year at Victoria I have an Irish passport which I have to pay extra for a visa plus had to write to the Indian High commission explaining why I couldn't give an address in Ireland!

Anyway a lady next to me was trying to get her daughter a visa - British passport but lives Norway & they wouldn't accept the application, so she was panicking as they had already booked & of course she needed to send the passport back to Norway for her daughter to travel!

Often wondered how things worked out....

Boo

Edited: 02 June 2012, 22:11
Galway, Ireland
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

no probs gettin visa in on a britsh passport, done it for years. just send to india embassy in dublin

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

my friends live in Belfast ,have British passports,go to dublin to get visa,say its much easier than UK form,just one page normal passport size photo and they wait for the visa

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: British passport but living in Ireland

I am british livi.g in ireland ten years. Cost if passport here tbrough embassy is 185 euros but ony 81 quid if my sis does it for me i. England using her address for ref. Any ideas if this is ok .,