We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest railway station to calangute

bangalore
2 posts
Save Topic
nearest railway station to calangute

Hi,

I am planning a trip to goa on jan 2012 end. I wil be travelling from bangalore by train and I have booked a hotel in calangute.Please tell me which railway station will be closer to calangute - madgaon or vasco da gama(or any other) .

Finland
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

madgaon is the nearest

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

I think the nearest station that is served from Bangalore is Madagon - which, unfortunately, is the furthest from Calangute. Both Vasco and Thivim would be closer.

Wolf

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

Thivim in north Goa is the nearest railway station and the 23 km trip to Calangute costs about 450 Rps in a taxi

Madgoan (Margoa) is in south Goa and 54 km from Calangute, a taxi will cost just over 1000 Rps

Edited: 21 November 2011, 11:19
bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

thanks a lot to everybody

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

Trains out of Bangalore terminate at Vasco De Gama., but Also stop at Margao.

No trains to Thivim from Bangalore direct.

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

hi,

We need to reach calangute.... so plz suggest.

whether to get down in madgoan or vasco da gama and also how to reach calangute.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

Get down Margoa, get a rick or taxi, to either Calangute, or get a rick into Margoa bus station and fast bus to Panjim and then bus to Calangute, cost by bus 40 rupees, rickshaw to bus station about 50 rupees.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

Taxi from Margos railways station to Calangute will be about 1,000 rupees, Rickshaw about 700 rupees.

9. Re: nearest railway station to calangute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:47