We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Phones

Essex. UK
13 posts
Mobile Phones

A Goan friend of ours has asked for us to take him a Nokia mobile phone when we go in April. Are these the only type that work in Goa? He was quite specific and i'm not sure wether to buy a new one or take an old one which has been kicking around the family for a while. Thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
21 posts
1. Re: Mobile Phones

Hi Sarahjane, I've never been to Goa before, but I would guess that Nokia is prob a popular make for Indian people. When using a phone in other countries it's not usually the make and model that affects the signal but the sim card it's self. Hope this helps a little.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Mobile Phones

The mobiles that work in india are the ones which need a si mcard. However, the freq of signal can be diff between uk and india. Nokia is a very popular model here and I would personally ask your friend to buy one here as it is going to cost the same and can be serviced without issues. PS : The warranty on the new one you buy might not be valid in india.

Chennai, India
8 posts
3. Re: Mobile Phones

Mobile Service is not restricted to the mobile handsets. Basically it should support triband frequency. May be you should just check with the dealer if it is a triband phone.

Watford England
Level Contributor
232 posts
4. Re: Mobile Phones

I just bought a second hand nokia for my mate in india! he specifically asked for a nokia too so i guess it is the preferred phone in goa! The guy i bought it off ( who was Indian ) said it is because you can only buy them new in goa! I find this a bit odd as i have been offered just about everything in Goa including a single shoe! Best bet is to ask him!