We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

Hi everyone

Advice pls, me and OH cannot agree. Agonda White Sands or Blue Lagoon?

Going November, actually this Saturday to Candolim and wish to do a couple of nights in South.

Price isn't issue it is more around facilities and ability to have a dip/swim in sea. OH concerned that Agonda would have under currents and I am not a strong swimmer and he doesn't want to be waving good bye to me from the shore, not just yet anyway!

PS any view on tents at Blue Lagoon or single huts at AWS welcome too

thanks

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

Why not have a two nite break and stay one nite at each.cola and agonda beach are close by.should cost between 200 to 300 rupees from one beach to the other.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

I did not notice strong under currents at Agonda, certainly less than Utorda, Baga or Ashvem, waves were not as strong as the North either but I guess it does depend on the time of day and season.

We stayed at White Sands Villas but the main White Sands beach huts looks really nice, the huts are around well kept gardens and is clean and friendly.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

Although Cola beach is nice it's too rocky (although the lagoon is flat calm) so give me Agonda everytime. Why not have a couple of nights here and get one of the fishermen to take you to Cola beach at 8.00am as they did with us and do some dolphin spotting it makes for a lovely morning.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

Thanks Chelseawolves, Goangal and Stalex, we've now managed to reach agreement...............

Agonda White Sands it is, paddling in the sea combined with a trip to Cola beach for Dolphin watching.

So excited, I feel quite sick with anticipation of it all..........it is a steep learning curve for us first timers but this forum has proved invaluable

thanks

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

It's not that far to walk between the two ... turn left after the little bridge at the north end of agonda, follow the road up the hill past Saleri and turn left following a track. Ask a local!

6. Re: Blue Lagoon or Agonda White Sands? Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 09:49