We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to taj

Burnham-On-Sea...
Level Contributor
395 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
visit to taj

is it better to sort out flights trains and accom befor arriving in goa for a trip lasting 2 days. in goa for 3 weeks so want couple of days seeing sights taj etc, any info gratfull thanks jackie & dave

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit to taj

Hi jackiedace,

You can book after arrving to Goa for a Trip to Taj mahal, Agra

flight tickets booked a month before can be cheaper

accomodation and train price - no different

also -There are many hotels in Agra but a particular Hotel can be booked overbooked if you are there at the time of High season.

Have a Good time in Goa

Edited: 25 August 2011, 17:50
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visit to taj

I'd book every thing about 6 weeks before you go. Flights with spicejet , trains with cleartrip., loads of hotel sights. I'll PM you how we have done it the twice we have been.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit to taj

We are going to goa in november for 3 weeks too. I have already booked my flights with spicejet to delhi, and hotel accomodation is sorted. Just have to wait now.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit to taj

Look at the following links-

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4464…

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4309…

wales
Level Contributor
810 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visit to taj

Have you already booked your flights to Goa, if not why dont you look at booking flight to Delhi, arrange your trip from Delhi -Agra-Delhi then fly to Goa.

We did this trip last year flying with Qatar airways and using Kingfisher for internal flights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visit to taj

I definitely would not leave it until you got there to book. Flights do go up and trains definitely get fully booked. I'd do it from here, if you get a chance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visit to taj

I definitely would not leave it until you got there to book. Flights do go up and trains definitely get fully booked. I'd do it from here, if you get a chance.

Burnham-On-Sea...
Level Contributor
395 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visit to taj

look forward to any info and advice on this matter thankyou jackie

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visit to taj

We're going to Goa in January, we are also going to do the golden triangle plus Amritsar. I've booked everything from here on line and it works out much cheaper. Five flight, 4 nights hotels, guide services and a/c cars.

Total cost £1048 for both of us. average cost to do just the Taj Mahal if you book in Goa is about £550 each.

My advice is to book it from here.

BOB.

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: visit to taj

Online is by far the best way to buy tickets. Even for tours you can search and compare various pricing levels and operators. Its best to do Private trips in India they perhaps cost the same as group tours but provide you a lot more flexibility. Unless any group tour brings a lot of expertise or price discounts, i rather do private trips.