We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in july

Vadodara, India
3 posts
Save Topic
weather in july

i m planning to visit goa in july between 8th to 13th. Can you tell me how would be the weather condition as this is my first visit to goa and i dont want it to get spoilt due to heavy rain because of which i would be stuck in my hotel room.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in july

As July is in the monsoon season the likelyhood is that it will rain some time during your stay.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in july

Hi Vishal,

Please look into the top right column of "Top Questions about GOA" and the first question is "When is the best time to visit". Further Goa is one of the most happening forums with more than 1000 pages. I assure you, all the info you require and much more would be available there.

Yes it is going to be rainy, might be slight drizzles to heavy downpours. Carry your umbrellas and never mind the rain. Rather enjoy it getting drenched.

Regards

Prasanna

Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in july

Thanx Prasanna ..this forum is very helpful.. i need the answer wht i was searching for....

Iam going GOA this july ( 15 - 21), is santana hotel is good place to spend time.. as iam coming there for honeymoon....

one more thing as monsoon is on ... should we go for customised holidays ..or a customised one...

Regards

Vicky

Edited: 20 June 2011, 15:24
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in july

Hi Vicky,

The news I read yesterday is that the monsoons may start backtracking from the June 24th. Ok, I have not personally stayed in Santana, but going by TA rating and review by fellow travelers, it stands 8 out of 386 in Goa hotels and 3 out of 39 in Candolim with about 115 reviews, which according to me is quite good. You may use the below link to check out particular reviews about the facilities,

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g297605-d651438-…

I am not able to understand your last question... Both options seem to be the same..

Feel free to revert for any clarifications..

Regards

Prasanna

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in july

And the Santana have a website that you might enjoy looking at.

http://www.santana-goa.com/index.php

Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in july

sorry my mistake...

Last question was....

should i go for a package which includes everthing from breakfast to dinner and sightseeing.from HOtel.

or a customised one..where we have to planned everything....

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in july

Hi...

My choice, which I normally do is a MAP, wherein I get breakfast with lunch or dinner from the hotel. This is comfortable for me because (a) Am assured of 2 good meals a day (b) I have the flexibility of planning sight seeings and as per plan toggle meals. Going on an all inclusive plan denies me the opportunity to try out something outside and experiment. There are standard north Goa and South Goa half / full day packages and fix it up with the hotels as they have some dirt cheap prices with a Mandovi River Cruise. These are traditional tourist things in Goa and finish off the formalities in two halves.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 21 June 2011, 12:34
Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in july

Thanks Prasanna !!

Goa_Beach
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in july

Hello all,

I am gng to Goa in the first week of July'2011.....

I will be stayng in the Zuri White Sand Goa.... As per the review the hotel is good.... I hv taken a package for 4 nights with breakfast, lunch and dinner....

Please share ur views abt this hotel....

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in july

Hi...

Go enjoy and have a whale of a time..

Cheers

Prasanna