We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cont report rice boat and onward...

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
94 reviews
cont report rice boat and onward...

hi guys, rice boat was really a lovely trip. got a good price as end of season ,from johns boat trips. smaller boat of just 2bedrooms and we had another couple with us ,who i must say were lovely. It was an original rice boat we were told of 30years and was beautiful.very special we thought and romantic. we saw - water buffolows,eagels,monkys,parakets,loads of men dreading the river and my god do they work hard for just 70 rps a day!.

stopped at a island village were we bought sweeta for the children and had a look around. moored up and had dinner,which was really great for me although they others thought was very mild in taste. hey ho. ricky jonny and dave were brilliant. always on hand with drinks and snacks. slept ok considering and up first thing to see the sun rise over the trees and river was so great. after lunch it was time to bid farewell and i must say i could have stayed over for another night. got back to hotel approx 3pm,quite dip in pool and then out to Cecilias again for dinner.

Stopped off at tailors to grab the 3 shirts for OH and for me to order a silk dress to add to the order of 2 jkts, so many fabrics and so little time lol

Next day spent at the beach at monicas shack, complete with massage which was great. then tried foxes for dinner. pudding back at cecilias yum!

Saturday went off to Mojim beach via taxi=800

at shack had kingfish and spoilt ourseleves with icecreams and fruit salad=650

dinner at Just chinease, was ok but doubt id go back 7/10

pudding at Tonys=2 banana fritters , 1 bud and a tea 195 rps-good i thought

walked home with 2 bottle of honey b at £1.20 each - bargain!

Panjim night cruise next lol.........

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: cont report rice boat and onward...

Hi kezibean, how much was the boat for the overnight stay?

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: cont report rice boat and onward...

stalex - should have been 5000 each but got it for 9000 in the end x

north wales
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: cont report rice boat and onward...

Hi kezibean sorry but i cant help but thinking why oh why dont you just tell the whole story please instead of dragging it out day after day unlless there is a good reason and if there is then i am sorry,dont mean to cause any offence but hey come on its a big audiance

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: cont report rice boat and onward...

I'm enjoying reading your reports Kezi...cant wait for the next installment!

Susie.x

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: cont report rice boat and onward...

I don't mind reports that come in a bit at a time, it gives me something to look forward to reading when I log on. However, I think it's better if the daily reports are on the same thread as it makes it easier to follow if you've missed an instalment.

Edited: 23 April 2011, 13:56
Midlands
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: cont report rice boat and onward...

points taken, sometimes u just dont have the time though to write everything, esp as i always have so much to say lol

here goes-

think i got to the night cruise, omg what a time we had. 150 rps each to cruise up and down the river for an hour. we were the only "white" tourist on the boat and therefore we were asked again and again for us to have our pictures taken with people. it was actually very funny and we didnt get offended as everyone was so polite to us! felt like a bollywood star! the entertainment on board (other than us) was good and the trip was well worth it. came off and popped on the free ferry for afew hours in panjim. caught the bus back for just 20 rps to candolim. cost us 350 via a taxi there! the buses are an experience on thier own, but its great fun.

tuesday was a great day. met up with caz and ann and welloutfit and Ann for lunch at ba ba au rum,aporh - very hippy but brilliant food and worth a return visit. then off to jon hicks money santury. the most interesting and tearful,exciting and thrilling time ever! the monkeys are cute but they are wild animals and john never lets u 4get that, wich is so important. they really do wonderful work and that will deffo be on my list to do a visit there again!

dinner at the curry house that night. great food but we ordered far too much, so again the dogs got to eat my dinner again, lol

We did this trip on our moped that we hired. was going to be for 2 days but we had so much fun and independance, it was hired for the last 4 days!. we have a harley back here in uk so are use to riding, have to say if u arnt i wouldnt attempt it as u really have to have your wits about you. but for us, it was brilliant. found vagator beach the next day and walked right to chopora beach which is just lovely and has now replaced mojim as our favorite. we bought fresh pinapple,mangos and cinnamon buns,which were completely yum,my. yes there are rocks so u have to be aware, but lovely.

rest of holiday was spent visiting chopora harbour,watching the fishing boats unload-amazing. sun bathing shopping for rings and bags etc for home.

loved my holiday and maybe able to go back next year if the USA proves to be too expensive. thanks for reading guys! xx

7. Re: cont report rice boat and onward...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 03:46