We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of Goa in July 2011

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Best of Goa in July 2011

Me and my hubby are planning to take a one-week vacation in Goa in the last wek of July 2011 to celebrate our first anniversary.

Have read a lot about Goa's natural beauty during the monsoons, and the excitement it has to offer during this otherwise "off-season".

As this would be my first trip, look forward to suggestions on:

1. what are the absolute must-watch places during monsoons in goa?

2. what would be the ideal place for stay - I have read that south goa is typically more peaceful and serene (we are ready to splurge a little, considering many resorts would be offering discounts during this time)

Regards,

Kankana

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

KanKana Happy Anniversary for July,and i wish you many more, sorry cant help with your Questions as we always arrive in Goa in December, we stay in an Apartment in the South, which we love, there are some lovely hotels in the South, why dont you check them out on here. :)) Gel

Goa, India
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
2. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

Most of the large hotels in South Goa offer pretty much all inclusive packages during the monsoon season (some even include the flights from Delhi!). These would be the best option for you as, during July, there really isn't much life outside of the hotels.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

Hi

The resorts along the North will be quiet then, why not stay in Panjim for a few days and explore the north from here then move down south to have a look.

The restaurants in Panjim will be open.

Hotel Mandovi in Panjim is nice, it is reasonable to stay, or lots more choice here.

MIms

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
4. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

If you really want to pamper your self in south Goa Leela is the way to go, A few other options are the Lalit, Allila, Taj Exotica. IN the Monsoon the Beaches are pretty dead, But you could head out to Wildernest for a couple of days , The dudhsagar would be a must see.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

Dear All,

Thanks a bunch for giving your inputs and regret the delay in posting this reply.

Was doing some basic research over the net on the option suggested by you all - and have zeroed down on three hotels for our anniversary Goa holiday in July (our travel dates are from 23rd to 27th July)

1. Park Hyatt

2. Taj Vivanta Fort Aguada

3. Leela Kempinski

Looking forward to more suggestions from all of you to finalize the hotel, and also look for better options if I have missed any.

PS: We are keen to stay in South Goa during our holiday, and explore the north through day trips.

Regards,

Kankana

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

I've recently had guests stay at the Park Hyatt and they simply loved it.

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

Yes..

I was also planning to suggest Aguada. Spend a couple of days in North Goa to feel what Goa is all about in Calangute, Baga, Candolim etc.. Then move to South where it is so quiet and serene. That way you will have a memorable time. Hire out a taxi or book a package for local sight seeing. They normally do it as North Goa, South Goa and Mandovi River Cruise. These are half a day sessions.

Advance wishes and have a gr8 vacation

Regards

Prasanna

akola
Level Contributor
411 posts
1 review
8. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

2 days at wildernest are must in rainy season http://www.wildernest-goa.com/

Also park hyatt is good

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

Thanks a lot Deepa, Prasanna & Anirudha for your valuable inputs.

I checked out the Wilderness resort link, and I am really happy to have received this input - otherwise would have missed it completely :)

A few things I have finalised as part of our itenary are as follows:

1. dudhsagar water falls

2. wilderness resort

3. anjuna flea market

4. churches of old goa

5. mandovi river cruise

6. fort aguada and other forts nearby

7. and of course... the world famous north goa beaches!!!

Can anybody suggest if anything has been missed out or if anything could be omitted from this list (considering the time we have)??

Also, our flight reaches goa on saturday afternoon - just wanted to check if it is possible to do the mandovi river cruise on that evening?

Looking forward to your valuable inputs,

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
120 reviews
10. Re: Best of Goa in July 2011

Hi Kankana,

You may also go around the Mapusa market for some real cheap shopping. Also consider the Mangeshi Temple and can also look at a ferry travel. The ferry trips are little different and exciting. Otherwise you seemed to have covered the most.

You can do the Mandovi river cruise on Saturday, but depends on where you are staying. The last cruise (if I remember right) leaves at 8.45 P.M. If you stay far away from Panjim, then travelling up and down is going to take sometime. Also consider the traffic in Goa makes it difficult and takes time. So plan accordingly.

Regards

Prasanna