We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have finally booked the flight with .................

Stockport Cheshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
I have finally booked the flight with .................

QATAR! Yippee £520 return so no long stay in Mumbai, husband was not keen and I think 7 hours was a bit much - however, he does not mind the 4 hour drive down to Gatwick and back again - may be becuase I will be driving - lol

Got an amazing deal by phoning southall directly and did the good old bartoring - flight was showing £736 on their website and £806 on Qatar's website - so I think I am top form for getting it at £520 and that is with 30kg of luggage, what a treat.

Will book parking with purple parking via quidco so it is only £52.80 for 16 days parking at Gatwick, bargain!

STALEX - will see you at Doha on 11th Feb

LGW to DOHA 110211 + 0930 110211 + 1905

DOHA GOA 110211 + 2130 120211 + 0330

GOA DOHA 260211 + 0430 260211 + 0550

DOHA LGW 260211 + 0755 260211 + 1235

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

Well done SABGAS and watch out beach sellers - they'll be paying you to take away their wares with your bargaining skills!

x

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

Hi sabgas that's a great discount can I use you to book my flight nxt year

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

Well done SABGAS thats a decent price. You must have nagged them to death to get them to drop it to that! 30kgs too I only got 20! Lol See you Doha!!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,044 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

Well done SABGAS, the connections are very good - 7 hours would have been a long time to be hanging round an airport. Glad you managed to get a good price.

sheffield
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

I got £510 for over 4 weeks with JetAir from Heathrow via Mumbai leaving 31 jan. Would have preferred Qatar as this is a really comfortable flight. they also offered janneau cognac last year!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

Good for you SABGAS and a great price ;-)

Stockport Cheshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

E Tickets have just come through and all seats are booked - the same as last season - the first 3 at the back

Also, the man at Qatar was very helpfull and I guess many people may know about this site but will post it anyway.

A great site to check any booked scheduled flight - gives you your seat numbers, passenger names, meal preferences etc etc - peace of mind that everything is as it should be

www.checkmytrip.com

Yippee

Edited: 23 September 2010, 16:18
london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

Thats great news Sabgas, you did really well with the price, perhaps you could give a few lessons on the art of bartering, Lol.:)) Gel

Stockport Cheshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

This is what happened - I saw the heathrow flight on their website site for £536, but it was shortneing our holiday by 1 day - flew friday, came back friday, but price was OK so that is when I phoned.

"How much are the tickets please for flight...., they are £536 madam ."what is the best price you can do if I book now?" He said, £528, I said £520. I will have to check with my manager, (hold music) manager said that is at cost price but if you book now then £520.

Took details, 3 tickets, and said he would phone me back -

Phoned me back and then got, sorry but there is only 2 seats left, however, I can do a Gatwick Flight for the same price but coming back a day later on the Saturday

I was a bit dubious about the gatwick flight as I knew from previous searches that anything that looked cheapish was flying from gatwick but landing back at heathrow - which, would be no good if the car was at the other airport.

I had to ask him several times to confirm price, flight times, made sure it wasn't 32hours in transit at Doha, made sure it was fying from Gatwick and back to Gatwick etc etc.

Sure enough, flight times were great and the price he did was £520 -

So, I didn't realy barter down from £780, he kind of did that himself.

Result!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I have finally booked the flight with .................

Hi SABGAS i thought for a moment that you had nicked our 3 seats as we have the three at the back too! But then realised you are flying from Gatwick!