We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Lancaster, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi There

I am off to Goa Via Mumbai in March 2011 and was wondering if anyone can give me any tips on where to stay, we are three lads doing a tour of India and so doing it on a budget, where would be the best area to stay for a bit off fun and has anyone any places they have stayed at, I am left with the task of booking Goa and dont want to book the wrong place, any help would be much much appreciated nice and cheap would be great.

Many Thanks

John

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Hi John, 3 lads looking for fun on a budget? If it was me then I would try staying down in Palolem in the South of Goa or at Arambol in the north. See www.goabeachhuts.com for places to stay there and have a look at www.arambolresidensea.com www.samsara-arambol.tripod.com and www.arambol.info/ for Arambol. You will love it, have a great time mate.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Hi John

I go with what St Alex says.

Anjuna and small/little Vagator are still ok but are getting over run with the tourist types and now most of the hippy style fun has moved to either end of Goa but Chapora is still ...lets say a special experience, as is the far corner of big Vagator's beach if you want to get your kit off.

If you don't mind rubbing shoulders with tourists and want a great place in the day time and a few clubs to go to in the evening then Baga could be the place for you but might be over budget but do check it out so when you come back next time you will know what you want from Goa

Lancaster, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Many Thanks for info I am on it as we speak so they say

Lancaster, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Many thanks for helping me out, people like yourself are top class, I am so looking forward to it,

Best Regards

John

Lancaster, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Hi Stalex Many thanks for the Info I have started looking at these sites you have given me and the beach huts look like Paradise, I have emailed them and waiting there reply, Many thanks from all the Lads on the Bombay or bust tour 2011

6. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 12:01