We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air india what are your views

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
571 posts
air india what are your views

just been looking at prices for goa via mumbai after i read up on kuwait airways decided against them next best price was AIR INDIA

please can anyone tell me if they have travelled with these and what they like b4 i even book something

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: air india what are your views

I have travelled with Air India, but not for some years. I think they've improved, as have BA and other airlines. They wouldn't be my first choice by any stretch of the imagination, but they're OK.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: air india what are your views

I've just booked to go with BA and used up some airmiles... And I'm going for a whole month this time. Woo hoo!!!

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
504 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: air india what are your views

reviewcentre.com/…tabs-menu

I would use them for domestic flights in India. Wouldnt want to use them for International flights. I used them 2 years ago to fly from Bombay to Bangkok.The plane was so old and falling to bits inside.

Jet Air is good or Kingfisher.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
504 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: air india what are your views

reviewcentre.com/…tabs-menu

I would use them for domestic flights in India. Wouldnt want to use them for International flights. I used them 2 years ago to fly from Bombay to Bangkok.The plane was so old and falling to bits inside.

Jet Air is good or Kingfisher.

UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
5. Re: air india what are your views

From what I've heard, they are much improved.

wanderin_star posted this website yesterday and it has some good reviews on AI on it.

www.airlinequality.com

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: air india what are your views

We flew with air India twice last year because they were the cheapest no problems with them and I would use them again but if there is not a big difference between them Jet, Kingfisher or BA I would choose one of the others.

essex
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: air india what are your views

A whole month LGG!! Now you are just getting greedy LOL. I'm not jealous - honest. We are doing 2 weeks in Jan and maybe (just maybe) another two in March/April. :-) Lx

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: air india what are your views

I have booked with them at Xmas because they were considerably cheaper than any other airline. You get a massive baggage allowance to boot. Accoring to Air India's website, the aircraft used between London & Delhi/Bombay are modern with good leg room and seatback tvs, rinks included (more than can be said for most of the US schedule airlines!). I am not expecting luxury, but I'm not expecting it to be the worst airline on which I have flown either. I've certainly got a good deal on the ticket price (through Southall Travel) so shan't be grumbling about the service etc.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: air india what are your views

Londonraffles I am sure you will find the service fine, the foods not too bad certainly edible, they are not so quick coming around with drinks, I am not really bothered about alcohol when flying but I do like a lot of water and learnt after the first time to take a couple of bottles onboard with me. Seats are good, plenty leg room in economy, we got their equivalent of economy plus once on the way back which was even better.

If your flying Delhi/Mumbai/Goa at Mumbai an official comes on the plane and you have to identify your hand luggage, we only did it this way on the return trip both times early morning and we got a breakfast on both legs!!

As I said earlier I didnt have any problems with them for the price we paid, when I booked for this xmas Jet were only a few quid more expensive and I got a slightly better connection time down to Goa and we avoided having to go via Dehli.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
10. Re: air india what are your views

My husband and brother in law flew with Air India to Delhi in 1990 - they said it was chaos - the cabin crew never bothered to make sure everyone was sitting down for take off and everyone was wondering about and after take off the passengers all got their rotis out to eat lol!!! I'm sure it has MUCH improved since then!!!!!