We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going Back!!!

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Going Back!!!

Well, its all done - despite many months of trying to get my OH to agree to go back and me threatening to go alone - he still said NO lol!!! I am taking my daughter instead! :) Two weeks of yum and then Christmas - and what's really great is its a month off work!! Fly out on 9th Dec coming home on Christmas Eve (I hope!!) God help my Christmas dinner if we have a 12 hour delay this year lol!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going Back!!!

Good for you, portch. If your OH is not going, he can get the Christmas Dinner ready for you!

Must admit we thought twice about going back again this year, but the "pull" was too great!

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going Back!!!

Well done Portch, a brave lady to be returning home on Christmas eve.

I am sure you will have found yourself a nice Christmas present in Goa for hubby to give you but not sure I would want to return to two weeks of washing up then have to cook Christmas dinner.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going Back!!!

Thats good news portch, we are also flying out on the 9th December. Have a lovely holiday, its very nice going on holiday with our daughters. :)) Gel

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going Back!!!

Christmas dinner might be Egg and Chips but hey!!! Shops are open again on Boxing Day lol!!! I am very excited, I can't resist the pull back there!! I know exactly what to expect so there is no settling in time - just straight on with it. My little girl has been away in Oz since last September so I have two things to look forward to now - her coming home and us going away!! I hope the shack saga of last year doesn't rear its head again although it was kind of sorted when we went last year, they were, lets just say, a little temporary!! Happy days!! Where are you staying LondonGel and are you flying from Gatwick??

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going Back!!!

Hi portch flying from Heathrow with Qatar and staying in the south in Betalbatim, we are also looking forward to our holiday. :)) Gel

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Going Back!!!

Good for you Portch ;-)

We fly back on New Years Day ;-(

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going Back!!!

Well, if anyone is going anywhere near Edwins Sao Domigoes in Cavelossim - see you for a drink........... so excited... not that you would notice!! lol! Betalbatim is not a million miles from us Gel, so see you there!!! I am going to wish my life away now waiting for it to come!!!!!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going Back!!!

Sure you will have a great time ...again....;-)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,046 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going Back!!!

Really pleased to hear that you're going back portch and I'm sure the shacks will be up and running long before then. After 2 weeks of delicious Goan food who cares about Christmas dinner - though if you leave hubby with a shopping list he can get it all organised for you! Hope your daughter enjoys her stay in Cavelossim too, it will be great for you to spend some quality time together after her year in Oz ;-)

Hertfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going Back!!!

thanks Gemma - great feeling to be going back - tried to get hubby to go back but no shifting a stubborn man lol!!! Looking forward to spending some quality time with our daughter - she is very excited too. Makes work bearable now knowing I have something to look forward to. Hubby has never tackled Tesco on the run up to Christmas - could be interesting. His exact words were 'how hard can it be'! He will just make sure there is wine and beer in abundance a dozen eggs and giant bag of King Edwards!!!