We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

Hi, i am looking for some advice. My partner and I have decided to go to Goa at the end November/beginning of December for 2 weeks but Im not sure if it is worth my while taking an all inclusive package or if i should just get a b&B deal and may for meals/drinks as we go - does anyone have any recommendations of what works best in Goa?

Also do you have any idea how much you typically would spend for food and drink in Goa (eating out every day and having a couple of drinks for both of us)?

Any other tips on holidays to go would also be very much appreciated!

Thank,

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Ourem 88
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, British
Spice Traders
₹₹₹₹, Chinese, Japanese, Seafood
Oltremarino Italian Restaurant
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

In Goa it is far better to go B/B, as part of the fun of being in Goa is the eating out.I would NEVER go A/I, and nor would most people on this forum.

Prices!!! you could get away on a tight budget of around £250 for you both, if you were carefull on eating and drinking , But, i think £500-£600 for you both is more realistic.I spend a bit more than this as i have a few more than a couple of drinks.(naughty). This will also include a few taxi rides and small spends.Most people i know do not spend more than this in two weeks, unless they buy jewellery.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
essex
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

Definately B & B over All Inclusive. The food in goa is fabulous and cheap.There is a superb choice - Goan, Indian, Chinese, Western, and loads of restaurants/beach shacks to choose from. Lx

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,987 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

I prefer b&b too, there are some lovely restaurants in Goa serving delicious & reasonably priced food. When we were there in January I spent about £360 in 2 weeks which included all my food and drink (I'm not a massive drinker but usually have a couple of cocktails or a few bacardi breezers most nights), a couple of trips, 2 leather handbags and a couple of items of jewellery too.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

B&B absolutely definately! The restaurants are superb and cheap. The food you get in the hotels is not to the standard it is in the restaurants,you will get lots of buffets in the hotels, which I dont like. We spend about £15 on a meal for the two of us including a couple of drinks each. As well as that, you will find that you just wont be in the hotel to take advantage of the drinks and snacks, you will be out all the time so you will probably end up paying for the twice!

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

Just like to have my say. yep agree with all the previous posts !!

"B&B is best"

BOB.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

Hi Karen

I agree with all of the above.

If you want a good idea of prices Emerald001 did a fantastic trip report last year and listed what they had to eat - and the prices! You can find it here tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k2…

The exchange rate at the moment with xe.com is just over 69 rupees to the pound.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

Agree B&B is best, however, if your hotel is a bit out of the way like ours, you will spend a fair bit on taxis to get to other places to eat. IF you are staying in the main areas however, there will be loads of places to eat withing walking or shorter taxi rides. Our first year( quite a few years ago) we mostly ate in the hotel(Ronil) as the food was so good and we were a bit nerouse of risking other places,Now though, we eat at different places, depending on the mood and what sort of food we want on the night.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
786 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

hi

b&b every time, there are too many great places to eat to feel like your tied to your hotel. we use all inclusives in other countries but goa isn't the place for it

mick

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

So Kaz 86, what do ya think. I recon it's pretty unanimous.

what will you do?

BOB.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goa - Bed & Breakfast v All Inclusive

No contest B & B! Part of the Goan attraction is the eating out.