We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
14 reviews
Beaches

Which part of Goa has the best, cleanest beaches please?

Thanks

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Beaches

I recon' that most places in south Goa fit the bill. also if you go well up north, mandrem, morjim and turtle beach etc. they're clean too.

BOB.

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Beaches

Thanks Bob

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Beaches

I agree with those northern beaches that Bob mentioned plus the south especially Agonda and Palolem.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Beaches

Agree with previous posts - but - water not as clear as Greece. It tends to get a bit churned up in places. Still nice though!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Beaches

The most pristine beach that I have come across is Patnem. The beachfront businesses have clubbed together to pay for some uniformed security guys to ensure that the cattle stay away from the beach, so no cow poo and, in turn, no flies. No beachsellers either. There are beach sweepers who pick up any stray bits of litter - I must say though that the people on the beach there all have a great sense of responsibility and care for the environment and no one seems to drop any litter there anyway. Very few people, hardly any in fact, puffing away on the fags either so it's all the more pleasant and cleaner for everyone there than at some of the other beaches in Goa .Very gentle mix of people there, all ages, all nationalities, lots of yoga people so plenty of toned and honed bods!

Edited: 24 June 2010, 01:21
Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Beaches

Yeah, i wish the goan water was as clear as greek waters. it might be worth going snorklng if it was.

BOB.

Goa
6 posts
7. Re: Beaches

I was there a week ago, and the water's all along the coast is very rough at present due to the monsoon. Palolem and Agonda were my faves in the south, and Mandrem on the north side was long, broad, and virtually empty save for a very clingy pack of friendly beach dogs. I'm sure there are plenty of others I missed. That said, the day I left, the ocean was steadily ripping apart the beach at Palolem, and there might not be much sand there or at other similarly sloped beaches except at low tide right now.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
121 reviews
8. Re: Beaches

If Goa had snorkelling Bob, there would be nowhere on earth to touch it lol. Thats the only down side for me too.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: Beaches

Exactly.

I'm going back to Cuba in march,instead of Goa, just to get some snorkling in. gotta get a fix every few years.

BOB.

uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
10. Re: Beaches

Here's the best beach but don't tell anyone, it's a secret:

http://www.goahuts.in/Butterfly-Beach