We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel up

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Travel up

Hi Folks

Yesterday sabgas recommended looking at a site called Travel up, their prices are very competitive. Has anyone used them or know of anybody who has? I've had a good look at their site and all the terms and conditions etc and it looks ok to me.

Your thoughts would be appreicated!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel up

Hi jaybird, I had a good look at them also, very competetive and they are ATOL protected. As someone pointed out yesterday for the sake of saving £100 or less they would rather book direct with Qatar and cut out the middle man in case anything went wrong. But if the savings were more then it would be a more attractive proposition.

Doncaster, England
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel up

Hi Jaybird,

I read the post yesterday and booked with them. They were £200 cheaper than direct with Qatar which makes me nervous but I got an email with my PNR number straight away etc and my eticket should be with me today or tomorrow. I did book with my credit card which cost me £7 but I think you're better protected if something goes wrong if you do. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Jane

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel up

Well done elephantlover, unfortunately the difference in price for me was only £52 in total for the three flights.

Doncaster, England
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel up

I can add - I just punched my booking reference and surname into the my booking section on the Qatar Airways website and lo and behold there was my booking - that will do for me!!

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel up

Thanks very much to both of you, especially Jane - that is very reassuring.

The price differentce for us is over £100 each less that the airline direct and even £75 each cheaper than my daughter could get it and she works for a travel company.

We are just praying the prices don't change overnight as getting together to book tomorrow!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel up

Hi Jane, what is the PNR number and can you also select your meals like on the Qatar website! Not important I know but just asking.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,141 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel up

Stalex the PNR number will let you get onto Qatars website along with your surname, just go to Booking, you should find this number on your etickets, sometimes on the top or under your flight times.You should be able to book your seats and meals also. :)) Gel

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel up

Thanks LondonGel, MMMMM lets see what I can order and if it compares to Monarch's dogfood!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel up

Just checked on the Travel Up website and the saving compered to Qatar works out at £40 for the two of us so not much difference really.

Doncaster, England
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel up

Hi Stalex,

PNR stands for Passenger Name Record and its what all airlines use to locate your itinerary in their computer system. Even if you book through an agency you can always go directly into qatar's website and enter things like your Advanced Passenger Information etc. I know you can check in online but I seem to recall you can't book your seat now online - you have to ring them. Will check. I don't think you could order a particular meal but there's loads of options for type of meal. In any case the food was really good though on the Middle East to India sector you might struggle a bit if you're not a fan of Indian food.

Anyway, quick update to say eticket arrived yesterday as promised.

Mentioned in this post