We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in June

Kuala Lumpar
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel in June

I am planning to visit Goa mid June but have been reading that this is monsoon season. Is the weather really that bad so you are unable to spend time on the beaches and everything is closed?

If Goa is really that bad in June are there any other recommendations of places to visit in South India to visit for a week in June?

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,776 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in June

The monsoon is generally scheduled to hit Goa the first week in June and it lasts until September.

There are no beach shacks up during that time, and the high tides generally make the beaches pretty unsafe (although presumably at low tide you'd be OK). There are places that remain open - hotels, restaurants, shops - and you'd be better off in the north than the south, I would have thought.

I can't comment on how bad the weather is because I've never been there at that time of year, but I'm told it can vary tremendously. you might have a week of thunderstorms every day, or you might be lucky and get a day or so of sun.

I think you'll find that most of southern India is in the grips of monsoon weather in June.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in June

Hi

Monsoon rains due to arrive second week in June, will still be warm, but very little sun,

North Goa, still has a bit to offer, as a few of us stay all year round.

Further south in India, just as wet.

John.

Pune
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel in June

Goa is beautiful during the rains which are usually scheduled to hit Goa in the second week of June. It a different side to Goa that one would not otherwise see. There is greenery all around, and the rains are just beautiful ...

However, fields are flooded .... most of the restaurants, hotels are closed ... the beach is inaccessible ... sea-food becomes rare ... we had to actually get some frozen fish the one time we were there on a visit around the same time. That was not good .... There are other places one can explore during this period however. The Dudhsagar falls ... Mollem National Park .. Boat cruises on the Mandovi River ... It just depends on what one is looking for in a holiday there ... If its not the sun ... then its alright ..

4. Re: Travel in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 10:46