We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
62 reviews
Cheap flights?

Hi as anyone found any cheap flights for November yet? Haven't had much joy and thought it was worth asking around. Rachel

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Cheap flights?

Hi Rachel

I'm looking for February and they all seem quite expensive at the moment. So hanging on for a bit - I know they came down in price last year in July - after I'd booked...grrrrr

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Cheap flights?

Thanks jaybird but I hope they don't come down as I'm booking this week!!! Thats the chance you take though and I need to book now for peace of mind.

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Cheap flights?

It seems to be diff each year. Last year Kinfisher and Jet had a price reduction war in May, then Qatar joined in, making the flights much cheaper than the prev year. Jet seem to be approx 50% more than this time last year, with K/F and Qatar even more.

I'm gonna just hang in there and check every couple of days. It's a bit of a lottery.

For us, it's gonna be even more expensive, 'cos we're looking at a one-way only flight to Goa in Nov (almost the same price as a return last year!!), as we are planning to travel on elsewhere, hopping, for a few months, after our six months in Goa. We may not even get back to Spain next summer.

Blues xxxx

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Cheap flights?

Oh stop it blues - your lifestyle makes me soooo envious!

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Cheap flights?

I know what you mean about needing the peace of mind Stalex. We started looking at prices last May - they went up in June so daren't risk them going up any more and we booked. They then came down again in July. Just don't know what to do this year for the best.

We've got to book flights at some point beause we have already booked our accommodation - ooohh decisions decisions....

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Cheap flights?

Thats the predicament I'm in jaybird with the accommodation sorted so I'm just going to book them shortly anyway.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
7. Re: Cheap flights?

haven't looked at the prices for november pocket-rocket32, but booked our flights for december til february last week as it was the best price that i have seen for a couple of months. as we are returning 5th feb the prices were not available until march and Kingfisher, Jet, Qatar etc were all well over £800 so i left it. just come back from Goa two weeks ago and again i have been looking twice daily and managed to get Kingfisher at £150 less each, thats for Xmas and New Year as well with 46 kgs allowance each. well pleased with this, so it seems they have come down quite a bit in the two months i've hung on.

could have got a lower price with Jet but they were very awkward and long layover times at Mumbai. we flew with Kingfisher last year so know they are good.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
850 posts
8. Re: Cheap flights?

hi STALEX, hope you get them flights booked soon :-) pleased to know that your accommo is sorted out as well

Edited: 14 May 2010, 16:52
Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Cheap flights?

Hi runtiger - we want to fly with Kingfisher again too but the prices for our dates are over 600 punds at present.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Cheap flights?

Hi runtiger I hope you are well. I had to take into account the stop overs, waiting times etc with having my young daughter with me and the Qatar flights seemed the best at £1593 for 3 of us. Been looking again this morning with Jewel and they £2200+ just for the flights. So with the 3 week stay in a private apartment at the NAZRI with 2 balconies for £700 we are happy. My daughter is so excited now that she knows she is returning and the great thing was that the heat didn't bother her.