We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

JLM have just rung to say that Thursday's Monarch flight will not now be re-scheduled. They are ringing around for the Cosmos holidays. They cannot even say for sure that next Thursdays flight from Gatwick will go, but will change the two week holiday for one week and provisionally book them seats on that flight. Either that or a full refund.

The situation will be on=going for some time as the volcano is still

errupting now. It is down to wind direction.

As someone has already said, the irony is that the airport in Iceland is still up and running as the wind is not blowing toward that!!

It's so sad for everyone concerned. My son and his wife are absolutely gutted, so I imagine is everyone else too.

Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Looked on Heathrow web site and tonight's Jet Airways says cancelled and not delayed so may be days before anyone can get out to Mumbai and Goa on their flights. Suppose Kingfisher will be the same.

Edited: 16 April 2010, 18:08
Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Goa
Goa
India
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

I feel so sorry for everyone caught up in this, and so grateful not to be in it myself.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Feel very sorry for your son and those waiting to come out and from what you say molesKent it looks like the people out here are going to get a free extra week or two of holiday, if they want it or not.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

I'll just add the joke that was doing the rounds yesterday.

"Can't you read, Iceland? We said 'send cash'..."

I'll get my coat.

London
Level Contributor
8,910 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

I should imagine that most passengers on a charter flight are package holidaymakers. So if Monarch says their flight is cancelled I wonder how the passengers waiting to return will get back. It will be the tour operators responsibility to get them back so there must be a flight laid on at some time.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Just been to my local Iceland to get a bag of frozen peas, Got to the till and paid with my debit card the cashier asked if I would like any ash back :- )

Dejo

essex
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Just heard on the radio that NO FLIGHTS until at least 7am tomorrow!! Lx

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Think it was "bogmalo" who said earlier there is a charter plane at Dabolim waiting to go - maybe spare seats to bring everyone out together.

Mentioned in this post
northampton
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Iceland has sure got a lot to answere to first our banks then our airspace, they're gonna be after Gordon Brown soon hopefully!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,939 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancelled flight- not rescheduling.

Moles, I am so sorry for your son and his wife and everybody else that was due to fly out this weekend. It's not as though they can go to Goa in a couple of weeks either with it being the end of the season :-(

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India