We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cavalosim or candalim

Manchster
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
cavalosim or candalim

Just come back from Cavalossim stayed at the Casa de Cris and had an absolute ball.

My friend goes to India every year and said it is far better at Candolim and that I should go their in November instead of Cavalossim.

I was all set to go back to Cavalossim but now I am not sure.

Can anyone please advise

Thanks

Edited: 12 April 2010, 14:04
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
1. Re: cavalosim or candalim

Hi, I've always been a South fan and my understanding is the North is much, much busier. Also heard people say that if your first visit is to the North then you will prefer it there, and vice versa for those who visit the South. Why not book Cavelossim and pop up to Candolim for a few days to test the water so to speak?

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: cavalosim or candalim

Its a matter of taste really. we've been north 7 times. its much more hectic. if you like that, you'll probably like candolim.

if you prefer a more quiet layed back holiday, then i'd recomend going back to cavalossim.

BOB.

leeds
Level Contributor
170 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: cavalosim or candalim

Been to Goa twice now, firsy time candolim, which we found very noisy and

hectic for us. But enjoyed the nightlife, lots more bars and restaurants. This

year we also stayed for 3 weeks at Casa de Cris which we also enjoyed very

much, a lot quiter than candolim, but just as enjoyable. We prefer Cavellossim

cardiff, s wales
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: cavalosim or candalim

I've been to both Cavalosim and Candolim, and i prefer candolim, but if you do like Cavalosim that much, why don't you book for there and come up to candolim for a few days??

There are plenty of nice hotels to stay in =)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,072 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: cavalosim or candalim

I've been to both and prefer Cavelossim. We went to Candolim first and I think I would have been disappointed if I'd done it the other way round. If you find Cavelossin a bit on the quiet side you will probably like Candolim but if you don't it might be too busy. I think the suggestion about staying in Candolim for a couple of days is a good one. We might go back up on our next trip to see Blues perform and see how much it's changed.

lancashire
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: cavalosim or candalim

We had been to cavelossim before and arrossim. Never been up north, so thought we'd try it

Booked a twin centre holiday with first choice, one week in calangute and one week in cavelossim, both had their good points but now I have done the north I can honestly say I like the south.

Only my opinion though.

Steve

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,967 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: cavalosim or candalim

I think it is either or, myself. I hate the north. Loved it in the 80s, but haven't been back since about 1994 and was so horrified then about what had happened there, I have no idea what I'd think of it now. Mind you, I have photos of Palolem with nothing on the beach at all. Not even a shack...

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
8. Re: cavalosim or candalim

Yes LondonGoaGirl, I remember Palolem when it was wonderful, I avoid it like the plague now as the smell of the 'susegad' gives me a headache. Haven't been to Agonda this season but will go down in November. I hope it hasn't changed too much .....

9. Re: cavalosim or candalim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 10:50