We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa & old passport

Cheshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa & old passport

Having read the post from alimalone and her visa woes, I read that on some occasions people are being asked to send in old passports when applying for a Visa. Is this the case? Are there any specfic occasions for when they will ask fie an old passport?

Thanks

Sara

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa & old passport

I've never heard of anyone being asked to send in an old passport.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa & old passport

We are going to miss our holiday on Monday because they asked to see an old passport. I think it was because my husbands was brand new. But yes they do ask to see them. Now we can't travel as his visa not issued in time.

London
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa & old passport

As I stated in previous post - I submitted my application by hand to VFS Hayes together with my new passport. The clerk told me to make sure I keep old passport handy as they often ask to see old passport. He said it was best to submit old passport but another poster said when they did that the application was returned. So if you have new passport, I would make sure you keep the old one and submit your application in good time in case it is requested.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa & old passport

Will have had my passport 15 months when we go in November. Changed it after I got married last year, and can't find my old one now. Will have to contact VFS I think!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa & old passport

I don't think they'd consider 15 months as new. My hubbys was only a week old so can understand it really. You should be fine.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa & old passport

OT2009, no one is required to submit a cancelled passport as part of the visa process. If VFS or HCI require to see it in particular circumstances, they will ask for it.

Some people have newly issued passports because they have will recently have become citizens of the issuing country of the passport, will have lost a previously issued passport or will never have had a passport issued before. They will not therefore have 'old' passports.

IF VFS require something, they will make it clear in their website or on the application form. Exceptional cases may require additonal information, but unless asked for it, no need to provide.

huddersfield
Level Contributor
202 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa & old passport

sorry to hear your troubles with passport joteland we were very lucky it seems ,my hubby lost pssport with indian visa in it so had to apply for new passport when new passport arrived weds went on line downloaded visa forms made appiontment to deliver to birmingham centre on friday got new one back weds by special delivery old passport was not even mentioned at all cost us a small fortune though good job its worth it hope you have better luck next time

wrexham,wales
Level Contributor
460 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa & old passport

Hi OT2009

Please send of for your visa in plenty of time to allow lots of time for the passport to be processed and any additional information sent to them. We are due to fly to Goa on Friday, but still have no visa.

So please just apply in plenty of time and fingers crossed all will be ok for you.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Manchester
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa & old passport

Just to say I had a brand new passport last yr as my previous one had expired. My visa was processed within the week without problem.

Good luck to everyone struggling, I WILL see you next week!!!!

xx

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
52 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa & old passport

I would guess they are asking to see your old passport to make sure you have not been in India in the last two months, I have heard some tourist applying for new passports saying they have lost them in able to beat this crazy two month rule.

Mentioned in this post