We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't wait to feel ill !!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can't wait to feel ill !!

2 weeks to go before the off and I'm actually counting the days till next week when I can start my Malaria Tabs and feel groggy !

I think I'm losing it LOL

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

I'll tell you what okitsme, I'll be your guinea pig and take the tabs with the holiday too and provide you with a full report on my return! LOL

london
Level Contributor
677 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

the tablets yuck they are horrible thinking of giving up on them

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

I had no problem at all with the P & C before christmas. Always took them after breakfast and no side effects whatsoever. The wife was a different story though with hallucinations, nightmares and skin problems.

Hastings, uk
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

Wendyed we had to give up with P& C and are now taking doxycycline but it says on them you may react to the sun so we may be giving them up as well and take our chances. Will have to see how it goes.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

Bubbles do not take them as you will fry in Goa with these tablets. Be warned!

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

Bubbles, what I meant to say was that I have read of at least 6 people on TA having bad sunburn associated with taking doxycycline.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

I'm more worried about my kids taking the tablets. They are aged 10 & 12 .... I hope their porr little stomaches can take it.

Middlesex
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

Stalex wrote <<<<<< Bubbles, what I meant to say was that I have read of at least 6 people on TA having bad sunburn associated with taking doxycycline >>>>>>>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that ones that can give you hullicinations? I know from experience with talking to other people on hols that certain malaria tabs can cause you to burn in the sun, and also another one, dont know if its the same one, can cause you to have hullicinations.

I always stick with maralone, never get any side affects with them.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

Stepsahead, my 5 year old daughter took paediatric malarone for 3 weeks before christmas and she was absolutely fine. No side effects whatsover and we had no problems with her swallowing them either with fluid. I went to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and was infomed that these are the safest tablets for children. I will be getting them again next season for her. The wired thing was though she never received one bite in 3 weeks whereas I got over 40!!!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't wait to feel ill !!

Doxycyline gives me terrible sunburn! I was in France where sun definitely not as strong as Goa, took the tabs for infection, sat in shade of brolly but the sun got through and I had great thick swathes of skin peeling off, looked like rhinoceros skin and it hurt! I already had a suntan as we had been there for 2 week and I tan easily, can burn but only rarely do I have even a minor patch of pink, didn't know what sunburn was till I took Doxycyline.. Never again will I take the stuff. ( I had finished the course by then and it was the day after I stopped taking them, so I would watch out if I were you.) We are going to Goa for 4 weeks and Malarone only advised for 2 weeks so assume I cannot have that, cannot take the other A & P tabs as they give me so many problems. If you smell the anti mos lotion, Odomos and citronella and Skin So Soft Bug Guard from a mile away you will know its me, well covered up!

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India