We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights & stuff!!

England
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Flights & stuff!!

We're flying out to Goa next week with Thomas Cook from Manchester, does anyone know if it is a direct flight or if it stops over in Bahrain? Went to travel agent and they didnt know - help!!!!!

Would love to meet up with anyone who's gonna be in Goa, havent been for 7 years, really looking forward to it! ;o)

SUNDERLAND
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
1. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Hi there

If your flying on Sunday around 13/13.30pm it will be direct from Manchester.

I flew out on on 27th dec from Man and there was no stop over in Bharain

Julie

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Theres gonna be a massive meet up on the 28th March in Jambalaya in Candolim

manchester
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Peg, to my knowledge it flies direct Manchester to Goa. There's a place in Candolim called Jambalaya where quite alot of TAers meet on Sunday nights, there's a big get together on Sunday 28th, nearly forgot, there's also a singer on as well who comes on here quite alot, his name on here is Bluesmania but he goes by the name of Tom Lee. Have a great time.

England
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Thanks. I was hoping that we would stopover just so I could have a ciggie break at Bahrain!!!! ;o)

England
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Kezi has already been in touch to let us know. Will try and see if the cabbie you recommended is about to take us out and about - that's if others havent already nabbed him!!! Thanks!! P :o)

England
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Thanks, I'm sure we will!! ;o)

England
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Hiya, lost the post which had Rock's phone number!! Could you forward it onto me please. Thanks ;o)

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Hi PEG66, oh I remember those ciggie breaks in Bahrain! You couldn't see in front of your face after 5 minutes. HA HA. I made it through a 10 hour flight there recently with no problems and then jumped over passport control and rugby tackled a few of the suitcase wallas out of my way to run outside and have one by the buses!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,804 posts
121 reviews
9. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Just something to remember:

you're actually talking about NON-STOP flights, not DIRECT.

A NON-STOP flights does exactly that - takes off from your departure airport and doesn't stop until it gets to your destination.

DIRECT flights could actually stop to pick up more passengers, e.g. from Manchester to Gatwick and also stop for refuelling.

It's DIRECT because you don't change planes.

In my experience, some travel agents aren't clear on the difference.

Edited: 17 March 2010, 12:44
England
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Flights & stuff!!

Hi Goa Girl, are you flying with Thomas Cook? I know there's been postings about flight times, our flight is 7.15 am. Have Thomas Cook changed it again????