We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
492 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

hi everyone,please excuse my spelling .

thomson flights both ways on time,1 kilo overweight going out.lol all the t shirts and sweetsand pencils i were carrying .landed 4.30pm goa time,40 mins later .Rock our driver was waiting for us,what a great man he is,so funny and great knowlege of goa,stayed at the Nizmar ,clean basic hotel,but the staff ,brilliant.the porter even weighed my cases at the end of the holiday,we tipped the room cleaners daily with rupees and of course sweets,whilst my stay in goa ,my husband and my self took a trip to see the taj mahal,we booked with day tripper,stayed in 4 * hotel city park,very nice.£986 for both of us.2 nights 3 days.amazing trip,the only gripe i had were the tour guide in Aggra very pushy,he tryed to rush us around the taj mahal,and push us towards his marble shop ,he seperated myself and husband.whilst in his big shop,he told me.. my husband had gone to the toilet,but he hadnt..i was very insistant ,i found him in another room,a guy trying to sell him a marble table,we both clearly said no thankyou and told the guide we wanted to leave,its all commision there ,from the guide to the photographer.but hey be firm and just enjoy the taj mahal.keep telling your guide you like to have a sit down for 5,just enjoy the beauty,,,returned from delhi on the thursday.friday we went to khola beach to stay in a beach hut overnight,amazing to see sunset,,rock took us to different beaches mojim,etc the price from airport.650 rps,indigos market 300 rps got some prezzies there ,barter good...went to the water falls,,1500rps for a day ..Eating and drinking ,JAMBALYA,food good entertainment excellent,meal and lots of drink 1600 rps ,RED LION 40 rps kings vodka 40 rps, molly malones,prynot... Ang and Terry..near the Nizmar drinks kings 30rps ..food cheap.BEACH SHACKS ROVERS RETURN suckling pig, i had noodles as im a veggie,,had a massage at rovers 350rps for full body massage ,very good and she was female..whilst on the beach indian people were keep approaching me to have there photo takin with them , prob im blonde ,we made friends with them in returned i said could i have my photo took with them on my camera,they thought it was great..ENJOYED my stay in goa,met some lovely people,the weathers lush,spent 850 pounds in 2 weeks ,eat ,drank ,bought lots of dresses,handbags,purses ,wallets,paid out on taxis, trips plus i spent £986 to see the taj mahal..worth every penny,,,sorry for boring ......thanks to badgerlad for the info and thanks to bluesmania for a good 40th birthday party ,hello to all th T/A members i met out there.. im off work at the moment got a chest infection,,also got the runs still. had them on holiday ,still got them now ...i were so careful,with the hand santizer ,dont eat meat or fish,...think i need a holiday

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

Great report coughcandy and thanks for taking the time to write it :-)

Wow, you packed alot in and it sounds like an amazing time was had!

Hope you feel better soon and take care.

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

Coughcandy - Great! So pleased that you had such a good time in Goa! You always looked to enjoying life when I saw you. LOL!

It was great to meet you and your party, and i'm glad that you enjoyed the music. Hey, where are my dancing girls???!!

See you next season.

Blues xxxx

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
492 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

thanks guys ,hiya bluesmania,how u doin ,dont work too hard...will u be working there next year

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

Hi Coughcandy

Thanks for the thanks...;-)

Glad you enjoyed yourselves and glad that Rock looked after you

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

Nice one Coughcandy, enjoyed your trip report.

There too many of those high pressure shops, and they're bl***y expensive !!! usually, it's the taxi drivers asking you to go into these places, cos' they get tokens for everyone they take there.

Glad you had a great time. going again ????

BOB.

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

Coughcandy - Will I be here next year? Yes, I'll be here THIS year (next season), from Nov to April again, visa's permitting. See you here....!!!

7. Re: trip report 18th feb-4th march 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 10:47