We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any deals on sun creams ?

Leeds
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any deals on sun creams ?

Calling all you blood hounds out there.

Normally use Ambre Solaire sun creams, ( the one you can brush the sand off ), posh or wot..

Also has anyone tried Asda after sun and do you recommend it ??

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any deals on sun creams ?

OMG be careful with this - I took it to Maldives last year and tanned very easily even though it rained most days - and then I noticed my brown palms, I knew I had fake tan on somehow but didn't know where it was coming from - had bought a sun tan lotion from the local shop and was complaining to them lol, only on last few days noticed Asda after sun - with enancer (in very small letters) basically fake tan lol I had brown knees the lot

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any deals on sun creams ?

Boots are doing BOGOF on their Soltan products again at the moment - didn't notice if they had any other deals on the named brands though.

Re aftersun, haven't used it for years, I just use a normal skin moisturiser it is SO much cheaper than using aftersun.

Happy hunting

x

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any deals on sun creams ?

If you have "Home Bargains" stores in your neck of the woods they have

Piz Buin, Ambre Solair, Hawain Tropic, etc at prices well under half of their R.R.P. !

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any deals on sun creams ?

Has any one heard of NO-AD Suncream. They used to sell it in Woolworths.

I've searched every where (including Asda) .... No joy.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,988 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any deals on sun creams ?

I've used Asda after sun lotion, it was fine and not much dearer than normal moisturiser. I prefer to use aftersun with insect repellent in it but tend to go for what's cheapest. I bought a large bottle from Wilkinson's today for £2.98. I tend to buy supermarket own brands of sun tan lotion now - I've tried the more expensive brands and it didn't make any difference so might as well save money!

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any deals on sun creams ?

We've used NO AD in the past, only ever found it in Woolworths or Asda but I've not seen any in ages, it was really good value.

DebyC

7. Re: Any deals on sun creams ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 10:46