We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why be Rude in replies??

WALES
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Why be Rude in replies??

I have noticed over the last few months, ' SOME ' replies are getting to the point of being rude to the poster of messages.

As everyone IS entitled to their oppinion, why do some t/a (s) seem to come across ,as my oppinion is correct ,anyone else oppinion is wrong!! That's all it is, one persons oppinion ,if you have had a' GREAT ' EXPERIENCE then by all means share it with us all, that's what this Forum is about. Also if you have experienced something not right by all means again share it with us.

On one thread a t/a ( won't mention poster) say' s stop 'moaning' about the service another t/a experienced.

On another thread a t/a sent a Good Manners cost nothing.

I know which t/a i would take notice of.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

You are so right rugbyman and everyone is entitled to their OWN opinions As Bob Dylan once said "The times they are a changin!" and the moody sods are appearing on here too! HA HA

Bognor, West Sussex
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

Hiya all

I have to agree totally with u all,

Everybody has different ideas on quality and service etc, I find if you treat people with a little respect and politeness you get it in return.

Ive been in 5* AI resorts for two weeks and possibly had one item on a menu in the whole holiday that has not been TO MY TASTE.... but that does not imply that everyone else will dislike it

does everyone go to a new country to eat Telfers Pies and Fish & Chips ?......

me certainly not if its on a plate try it ! (dead or alive) u dont have to eat seconds if u dont like it... try something else.

as for standard of accomodation dunno bout everybody I just Sleep and shower in room as long as its clean and dry im happy, lets face it we are in a third world country the locals wud be pleased to get half of what we get as tourists

as for rude replies i deff agree its unneeded

cant wait for Sat and Im flying Monarch !!

Mike

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

Have a good time Mike. Did you say Monarch? Moan, moan, blah, blah, complain, gripe etc! Only messing I flew in December with them and didn't have a problems.

WALES
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

Mike, we fly out on Sat as well ( Thompson ) from LGW (north), we have two Goan virgins with us, can't wait to see their faces as we exit A/port, no matter how you try to explain this experience to others ,as you know, You have to 'live' this experience to belive it!

Have a great holiday.

** Stalex, if my memory serves me right is it only 300+ days left for you? (and i'm not being RUDE lol)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

I totally agree with you WalesRugbyman. No need to be rude in IMO.

6. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 02:35
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

Gibson, I can't of who you mean by GJ. However, there is a certain irony in you posting something that appeasrs rude about a TA member in a thread asking why anyone needs to be rude in posting replies.

Lighten up!

Edited: 02 March 2010, 00:30
Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,749 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

I think he (Gibson) is reffering to Goan Jock?

I just hope the OP isnt including my good self in his opening comments..

Whilst some of my replies are tongue in cheek, i do try to answer questions when needed, whilst having a bit of banter with other TA'ers along the way.

If this offends anyone then tough...PMSL ;-)

Wales UK
Level Contributor
248 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

Badger spot on mate. Banter is great as long as no one over steps the line. I think I did it when replying to a malaria question :( sorry.

Everyone on here seems sound and advice is always offered with the best of intentions. It is my first time in less than 3 weeks and hope to meet a good chunk of you all and maybe have a bevvy by way of a thank you. Well done TA

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Why be Rude in replies??

Badger, the banter we have on here is all part of the TA experience and helps along the way to encourage members to participate if they see it is a friendly board and a bit of a laugh - so keep up the good work mate :)

As this thread is about not being rude, it would be nice to see friendliness without anyone commenting on another TAer's rudeness or whatever. This is just my opinion, which of course, I am entitled too.