We had booked in papillon a fortnight before we landed up in palolem. We had made a payment in advance to the owner (Sarah). Following was our experuence:
1. We arrived at 9,00 a.m. We only got one hut inspite of being booked for 3 huts in advance.
2. The room were overpriced. We payed Rs 1000 per night per hut. The actual worth of similar place in palolem will be Rs 400-500.
3. There was no room service or hot water provision even when owners claimed that they provided the service. We had a kid along and faced lot of difficulties.
4. Bathroom were pathetic. Didn't have latches, buckets,mugs and basic essentials.
5. One of the huts had a broken WC seat. The owner (Mr Haven) was very rude to us and did not replace it for us. We faced lot of inconvenience during the stay.
Though we planned to stay for 3 days there, we actually ended up moving to the place called as "Marron". Excellent service and rooms were available there.
Good about Papillom:
1. Good SPA - Its run by a Bengali guy. He is realy good at his work
2. Decent food - could have been better
1. Bad rooms
2. Poor service
3. Rude owner
4. High price charged for the entire package
I would recommend that you stay at Marron, Hi Tide COCO or any other place. There is no big benefit staying in Papillon