We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
143 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Was just wondering if your lighters are still removed when you leave? I really need a ciggy by the time i get to Doha.

Mentioned in this post
Doha
Doha
Qatar
Private Full-Day All-Inclusive Tour...
10 Reviews
from US$ 60.00*
Temples of Goa, led by Archaeologist
from US$ 150.00*
Free Cancellation
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Yes they do take your lighters off you. I had two on me and they took them both, luckily they had a lighter in the smoking room. Id put one inside your shoe like some people were doing. Good luck

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,141 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Hi my OH said they did take his lighter in dabolim in january, there is a smoking room in the departure lounge just near the toilets,there an electric lighter in there. :)) Gel

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Hi

Yes they still have the lighter obsession. the OH smokes, she went thru Dadolim last week started with 3 lighters but they only found 2 :-) .

Al

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Try putting one in your fag packet or buy some safety matches for 1rps. Works for me!!!

manchester
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

they took mine last week, some people put theres in there fag packet and kept them.there is a lighter in the smoking room tho.bought one when we landed at manchester £1-45 robbers.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
143 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Thanks guys nothing changes then lol. Bah im going to be in a bad enough mood having to leave goa without losing my lighter as well. Dont really want to hide it in my shoe knowing me ill probably set my socks on fire. Think ill try the old double bluff save one that runs out of gas and willingly give that up and hope they dont find the other one. :-)

surrey
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Hopefully!

essex
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

They found both of my lighters :-( but I took a box of safety matches with me as well and they didn't bother with those :-) Lx

cardiff, s wales
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

Yeah they do... i had one in a bag inside my hand luggage bag and they found it on the scanner..... yet in the duty free shop they have started selling lighters with Goa and a beach scene across them..... only in india eh lol x

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
colchester
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do they still confiscate lighters at Dabolim when leaving?

I went through with 3 last year. They found 2 so I thought I was o.k. Went in the smokers lounge, lit up and had my ciggie. Went to the buffet to get a drink, me and the OH sat there when 2 armed men came to me and took me to the scanner again. I made out that I had a hole in the lining of my handbag. NEVER AGAIN !!!!! I'll stick to the safety matches. It turned out someone had bubbled me. It was a Russian.