We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

yorkshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
45 reviews
Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

Hi,

I've been looking on here to see if there are any existing threads on this subject, but can't find any so thought I'd ask.

Do many of you do this or just take pot luck? I've been onto the Thomson site and the front section of the plane is unavailable to book now! So presumeably they have been pre-booked already.

I would much prefer a window seat rather than the centre section if at possible.

Does pre-booking seats make the whole checking in proceedure much quicker/easier ?(Not sure how it would work)

Can any-one give me any info or advice please.

Thanks

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

YorkshierMinnie,

We are taking pot luck, I can understand people not wanting to be split up some people don't like flying and want to be together, others want to be with the group they are holdaying with. Being apart for a little while is a bit of an inconvenience but £50 each way is a lot to pay. Especially when you think of all the handbags, items of clothing and other Tat that can be bought by my wife enjoying her shopping spree with the money we didn't spend having to sit together,and I can sit in a bar with a cool Kingfisher whilst she spends it all, Oh Joy! only 5 days to go. LOL.

Regards Shoalf.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

I could have sworn it was £25 for two each way? Best have another look, I certainly wouldn't consider £50!

Have a great time.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

Oops,

Your right but I hope you get my gist.

Regards Shoalf.

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

we havnt booked before ever but as its a long way and we wudnt want to b split up, we have booked this time. proberly didnt need to but for the money thought it was worth it for peace of mind this time

essex
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

Hi, We pre booked each way with Thomson and chose our seats at the time of booking. It worked very well for us, especially on the return journey. Our boarding passes were ready for us at check in with our chosen seats already written on them. Several people were split up on our flight as it was completely full. We think that they overbooked the economy seats as they were frantically trying to get people to upgrade at Dabolim to Premium. Several people did upgrade but all of the economy seats were full anyway.

Hastings, uk
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

I would happily pay £50 each way to sit at the other end of the plane from the OH ;)

Midlands
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

bubbles u dont mean that lol

Hastings, uk
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

No kez I don't mean it I will need him to pay for the drinks on board :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
1 review
9. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

We've pre-booked our seats this time with Thomson. It was 50 quid for us both for outbound and inbound. I just didn't want us to be separated at all cos I'm a nervous flyer and besides, I get the window lol cos I booked them!

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
582 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Pre-booking seats on Thomson flights

type in FLIGHT EXTRAS@THOMSON.COM put in your details and choose your seat