We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turbulence story in the news

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
924 posts
122 reviews
Turbulence story in the news

Why does there always have to be a dramatic turbulence story when I have flight a couple of days away! please god let it be a smooth flight to Goa :-(

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Turbulence story in the news

Jool's lass you are just experiencing all the worries and doubts we all feel on a upcoming "big trip" into the unknown...

If it makes you feel better, I've spent years in India over the last 20 years, I still worry, fret and generally get into spaces in my head I'm not used to when the big day looms.

It will be fine, severe turbulence is rare, and these planes are modern wonders of tough technology..

You do know survey planes fly into hurricane weather to take readings, physics is on your side..

Now put the kettle on, grab a cuppa and imagine shimmering golden sands, aqua blue seas, wonderful friendly people, great food, palm trees blue skies and if need be cheap booze..

You'll be fine

Cornwall
Level Contributor
574 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Turbulence story in the news

Well put Cyberhippie . Sereta

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
924 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: Turbulence story in the news

Thanks for that Cyberhippie - Yahoo have wrote the story to make it sound as dramatic as they can! gits! still it was flying over alaska which is bound to be a bit rough :-) you have a very valid point about the survey planes too!

Do you know anywhere over there that does a good fried brekkie? we are staying in Calangute.

Can't wait for that sparkly sea and heat of the sun on my shoulders!

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Turbulence story in the news

Can't help you with North Goa I'm afraid, but there must be dozens of good souls who can!

P.S. I HATE flying, scare the belivingjeezus out of me but My flying experience over the last 37 years have enabled logic to prevail over natural fears..

Edited: 20 February 2010, 20:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
255 reviews
5. Re: Turbulence story in the news

Haven't really come across a really good fried brekkie in Calangute as their bacon & sausages are quite different from ours & even european resorts.

I don't usually bother but my son used to enjoy the enfantria ones on Baga Road. About 120prs for juice, "full" eggs,sausage,bacon,tomatos & beans. toasts and tea/coffee. Lovely cakes etc there as well.

Boo

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
11,084 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Turbulence story in the news

The Why Not opposite the Falcon Resort in Calangute does a brilliant fried breakfast..

And other English food if you want a change from the wonderful indian cuisine .

My fave is Fish, chips & mushy peas.

The moosis says the steak pies are to die for...;-)

Edited: 21 February 2010, 01:06
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
7. Re: Turbulence story in the news

Bonnies bar by babutes is the nearest to a proper english breakfast that I have found the bacon being like our smoked bacon

8. Re: Turbulence story in the news

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 10:48