We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

There's only a 2hr 10 layover in BOM between flights (10.40/12.50) and I've heard time may be a bit tight getting to the domestic terminal etc - anyone got experience of this? Will Kingfisher check our luggage right through to GOI at LHR or do we have to reclaim then check back in via the transfer desk? Our e-ticket has 1 PNR ref with seats for both sectors already allocated. Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

melocolic, you will have to collect your cases at Mumbai Int aiport, then check them in again.

However on your return you check the luggage in at Dabolim and dont see them till you arrive back at Heathrow.

Might be a tight squeeze with the time frame, but it is doable. Try n get at the front of the que when waiting for the transfer bus, from International to Domestic terminal.

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

I did the same schedule a few weeks back, no problem making connections and the Kingfisher staff are really helpful.

On the return you wont see your luggage from leaving Dabolim until Heathrow.

Enjoy your flights they are pretty good.

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

Melocolic - see my report re these flights:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k321…

Hope this helps..............

Blues xxxx

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
4. Re: LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

Very useful, cheers. If all else fails I'll try and use the "travelling with small child" card to my advantage with the KF staff!

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,184 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

We did this in december, no trouble at all, its all very organised, the cases are taken from you to be xrayed and then you check in again, then onto the bus.it took less than an hour and we were sitting waiting for the next flight.Enjoy your holiday :))Gel

Edited: 17 February 2010, 18:49
6. Re: LHR to Goa on Kingfisher question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 09:49