We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

collecting cases at dabolim

liverpool
Level Contributor
51 posts
collecting cases at dabolim

going to goa for first time in 4 weeks,when you collect your cases from bag dropoff,do you then have to go through more admin/checks,or can you get straight off,arrive at 4am and really not looking forward to all the customs palaver

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

It's a small airport. On arrival, you'll first of all have to line up for immigration clearance where passport and landing card (you'll be given that onboard) get stamped. Then it's onto the baggage reclaim - there's a single baggage carousel, but baggage handlers will remove cases from this rather small carousel and line them up on the floor so check there too. Then it's through customs (another form you'll have been given on the flight gets handed in) and you're on your way. Bear in mind, especially if you're arriving on a large aircraft, that the rather small airport will be coping with 350 or so passengers. It doesn't take that long though - no worse than other places (and often quicker than the performance you sometimes have to go through at bigger airports).

There's also a fixed price taxi desk immediately after you leave the customs area - it's always manned and it's easy and quick to get a taxi there (I always insist upon one with working seat belts). Of course, if you have a transfer arranged, your tour rep will direct you towards the appropriate coach. Unless you really want to pay someone else to wheel your trolley bag along to the nearby coach pickup, just say no thank you politely (and repeatedly!) to the 35 or so porters that will want to pull your bag along!

liverpool
Level Contributor
51 posts
2. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

thanks for your prompt reply

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

Dalglishno7 good luck when you go (it's not too painful honestly)

PS

being a diehard Celtic fan I broke my heart that day in 1977 when he joined Liverpool lol

liverpool
Level Contributor
51 posts
4. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

he broke mine when he left us mate......but he will always belong to liverpool lol

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

I'll second that!

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,952 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

Keep your little ticket stub that you are given as you have to hand it in after you have got your luggage..

liverpool
Level Contributor
51 posts
7. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

when are you given the ticket stub badgerlad

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

I think Badger is referring to the small customs form that I mentioned in post 2.

At other airports in India, I have sometimes had to show the checked baggage receipt before being allowed to pick up my bag from the baggage hall. Dabolim's not quite that bureaucratic!

9. Re: collecting cases at dabolim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 11:47