We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room with a view

London
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
Room with a view

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a little beach front guesthouse or hotel that has huts or rooms that have direct access to the beach without having to walk through the hotel reception or past the pool or restaurant etc...? It has been my all time wish to find somewhere like this...I am not worried about it being basic, in fact I would prefer something traditional/heritgage styled rather than glitzy as the location is my prime concern.

Any suggestions greatfully received...I will be travelling around Kerala and Goa for about 2 weeks so any coastal spot is fine.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Room with a view

Hi,

You can always try Blue Corner on Benaulim beach - http://www.blue-corner-goa.com/gallery.html Great food there too. I think it's 1200/- a night. They are fab! Mind you I didn't stay there, but we were shown around and did have 2 excellent meals.

Lizzie

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Room with a view

Patnem is the place!!

Have a look at Home Beachfront (I posted a review last April, visited again a few weeks ago and still as good). Goyam is great too - they have some lovely huts that front straight onto the beach. I also took a look at the huts at Papayas, also on Patnem Beach, a few weeks ago - very nice indeed and they have 2 that front directly onto the beach (very good restaurant there as well, not quite as good as the food at Home Beachfront, but a very close second!).

The beach is spotlessly clean there too - this season there are 2 beach guards employed by the 15 beachfront businesses. The guards keep the cattle off the beach - no cows means no cow pats means hardly any flies and much cleaner beach and sea too. The guards do not allow any beach sellers or the hideous child slavery highwire acts onto the beach - totally relaxing. Beach sweepers pick up the occasional little bit of rubbish that a very thoughtless and inconsiderate visitor has tossed aside.

Oh - I could go back there tomorrow if I didn;'t have to go to work!

Kerala is also good fun too - the backwaters are lovely there too. Easy to book a rice boat there on the hoof - there's no shortage so unless you're planning on being there at Xmas ....

Edited: 03 February 2010, 01:48
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Room with a view

Try 'Elsewhere' in the North, it looks really nice.....

http://www.aseascape.com/

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Room with a view

Goangal, thanks for posting details of 'Elsewhere'. It looks fab and I'll certainly be making enquiries about prices and availability.

5. Re: Room with a view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 09:47