We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air India - opinions?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Air India - opinions?

Am looking to book my flight and have seen a great deal with Air India. My husband used this flight company about 8 years ago and wasn't impressed at the time, but was just wondering if anyone had any recent experience? Our alternative is Emirates which I know have a good reputation but they are a bit more expensive and trying to weigh up the pro's and con's. Air India are great timings.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air India - opinions?

Basically, you get what you pay for and cheapest isn't always the best. If Air India suits you regarding price and times then consider it. I flew with Air India a number of years ago, it was nothing special, but at the time the price was good, and also, they flew from Manchester direct to Mumbai. In February we're flying to Goa with Emirates and Kingfisher via Dubai and Mumbai.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air India - opinions?

Bindoobaba, if you don't mind me asking what did you pay return for the flights?

manchester
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air India - opinions?

STALEX, no probs, £1170 for the two of us, that's for both Emirates and Kingfisher flights from Manchester, booked through Southall Travel.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,957 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air India - opinions?

I've flown Air India a few times, although not particularly recently. I don't think they were superbad, but they certainly weren't supergood either. What I would avoid is Indian Airlines for domestic flights in India.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air India - opinions?

emirates would be noticeably better ,but i have flown worse than air india .i would fly any scheduled airline if the price was right..

what is the price difference and convenience factor

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air India - opinions?

Keep away from Air India - yes you do get what you pay for and 18 months ago regretted every penny we paid them. Long story.

Just pay the extra and go Jet and we also did not have problems with Kingfisher (others did) there will be no problem when you change in Mumbai down to Goa - same company will get you there.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air India - opinions?

Wouldn't touch Air India with a barge pole.

Have you also considered Qatar?

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air India - opinions?

We flew kingfisher last time with no problem, booked with Qatar for December as there waiting times between flights are very good. We were offered jet all the way to goa for not a bad price, but did'nt wont to wait that long in mumbai on the way back, all airlines are charging more this year. Gel

canvey island esex
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Air India - opinions?

fly kingfisher

canvey island esex
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Air India - opinions?

our flight to goa via mumbai on kingfisher airline booked in aug 2009 cost was £350 00 each cant be bad

pete