We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
108 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

Anyone have the latest info in obtaining a visa to visit Goa, and the prices and web site, if thats not too much to ask, sorry.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
12,049 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Meerkat20 is our visa expert. She does have a thread with info and tips but there are so many threads on visas I'm having trouble finding it lol.

If you go to the vfsglobal website all the info is here:

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/index.aspx

You can either apply online or the old fashioned way by printing off the form and filling it in by hand which is what we did.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,659 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Here's the thread that Gemma mentions, read the initial post then the excellent info on how to answer questions (reply #24):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k276…

The only difference I know of is the handling charge is now £9.05 (increase in VAT).

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
108 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Thanks a lot to both of you for such a fast responce. The wife and i are hoping to go to Goa in November, but there's nothing wrong with getting everything sorted early.

manchester
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Not too early I hope, your visa will only be for 6 months and is active from the day it's issued not the day your holiday starts.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Hi nostromo52 , if you are only going once during the season, I would recommend applying a couple of months before you go, say September time. This is just in case you encounter any problems with your application, you will have plenty of time to get it sorted. If you apply and receive your visa quickly in September, the visa will be valid until March.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,659 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

One thing worth thinking about - I've read about some people only being given a 3 month visa rather than a 6 month one, even though they asked for a 6 month one.

7. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 09:46