We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

manchester
4 posts
Save Topic
Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

We are going to Goa in April and need to know about prices and reviews on the 'taste of india' excursion to Delhi and Agra.

What is the cost and is it recommendable?

what are the overnight hotel stays like and what meals were included if any???

Any feedback would be great! thanks!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

HI

I can't help re the Thomas Cook one but a few travel agencies in Goa offer this tour.

Here's a link to one company:

http://www.daytrippergoa.com/index.html

We've used them for the Mumbai tour (which was well organised) and a few other day trips.

It's run by an English couple and Eddie is in the ofice most days, if you drop him an email with any questions he'll reply, he's a nice guy.

We've always found that Tour Operator trips are much more expensive than those booked in resort.

I know some people ]have done this trip DIY - if you use the search facility, it should bring some threads up if you're interested in that.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

Hi do it yourself you will not believe how much cheaper it and its not as hard or stressful as you think try that link to a company in delhi who will arange everything for you http://www.namasteindiatours.com/ they where really great and we did not have to pay till we reached delhi if you need anymore info PM me.Irishman

manchester
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

Thankyou.

I have just been on that site and it is quoting me a more expensive price than thomas cook are??

northern ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

Hi I take it you mean daytrippers that are expensive yes i thought so to but if you check namaste there golden triangle tour 5days 6nights works out at £308 for 2 people you can get a flight with kingfisher or spice jet for about £70 return each,namaste pick you up at the airport and you practically own the driver for the whole time you are there,great service and reliable,if you happen to book ask for your driver to be sanjay good driver fantastic guide who will cater for your every need.Irishman.

Delhi
Level Contributor
731 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

Thomas Cook is a large and reputed travel operator in India. If you post the names of the hotels and other inclusions, will let you know whether it is worth it and the category of hotels.

You can also visit Makemytrip.com which is another reputed online travel operator in India and compare rates.

manchester
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

Yes, we are staying at the o'pescador hotel in Dona Paula

7. Re: Thomas cook 'Taste of india' excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 12:46