We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad news re 2 month rule

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9,927 posts
121 reviews
Bad news re 2 month rule

I know this is going to be very unwelcome news for a lot of people but it seems like they are going to implement the 2 month ruling in entry points to Goa:

oheraldo.in/news/…32414.html

The only posiitve thing is the term 'gearing up'.

If it takes them as long to 'gear up' for this change as it has to appreciate the problem of the River Princess, we may all be OK.

manchester
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Bad news re 2 month rule

I can see more confusion coming up then, the "gearing up" period will only mean those who should know won't, left hand and right hand come to mind immediately oh dear!!!.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
2. Re: Bad news re 2 month rule

Having read the article in the Herald, again I read it as being applied to LONG TERM multiple entry tourist visas.

At the bottom of the article, it states that after protests the government RELAXED THE NORMS FOR BONAFIDE TOURISTS.

I read this as applying to us ordinary package tourists, with our proof of accommodation, and tickets home.

We are going to go on 4th Feb and think it will be OK for us.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9,927 posts
121 reviews
3. Re: Bad news re 2 month rule

Beachfreak

I noticed that bit too, but the notice on VFS website just mentions tourst visas, not just long-term ones.

"This is for information that there should be a gap of at least 2 months between two visits to India on a Tourist Visa. "

It's still just so very confusing, heaven knows how they are going to interpret the ruling at immigration.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Bad news re 2 month rule

Again it is what is ' in the eye of the beholder'.

If you have to rely on consistency among officials, you may come unstuck. You can be sure that some will forcefully apply the rule to the letter, and enjoy doing so. There would be little point in arguing either.

As said on another thread, new visas being sent out from VFS, now have this new rule clearly written on them, and their website clearly states now that permission has to be sought, and the appropriate fee paid of course, for tourists wishing to return within 2 months of leaving.

Disgraceful to implement this mid-tourist season, after many have already booked and paid for a second holiday.

5. Re: Bad news re 2 month rule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 12:45