We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arossim beach area advice - where to stay?

london
3 posts
Save Topic
Arossim beach area advice - where to stay?

My girlfriend and I are thinking of a week in south Goa in March but are really struggling to settle on a destination. We're early 30s and just want beach during the day and some local restaurants or shacks for food at night. Not fussed about wild nightlife but equally don't want to be stuck in the hotel every night. Sorry for being vague but wondered if there was any adive from seasoned Goan travellers. Heritage Village Club was recommended - any thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Heritage Village Resort & Spa Goa
Heritage Village Resort...
1,724 Reviews
Cansaulim, India
lancashire
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arossim beach area advice - where to stay?

Heritage was v nice stayed there last march/April but is out of the way, off the beaten track.

Food nice but done goan style with bone in meat.

Drinks : the only beer on AI when I stayed was bello, which is horrible and I was paying extra for the fosters/kingfisher 120 extra actually(large bottle).

Beach good. 1shack. Guy called Anthony runs it, nice enough guy but no competition in the area.

The jewellers in the hotel sold me a ring supposed to be 14 carat but when got home was only 9 carat. Was still worth more tha twice what I paid though.

Food in the other restaurant include in the price was excellent. But if you want to go out for a meal only 1 option or take an overpriced taxi.

Overall if I had not stayed at the doña Sylvia this last time I would recommend it but now I have seen what you can get for similar money I would go got the doña.

Steve

2. Re: Arossim beach area advice - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 12:46