We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa pickup

shropshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Visa pickup

Can someone please tell me what information I will need to pick up my passport from Birmingham. I sent them to Birmingham with an envelope for return but the tracking system just says ready for collection so it looks like I will have to go into Birmingham and collect them myself.

I have tried emailing them but had no reply and can't find any info on the page as to what info is needed for collection.

Any help would be appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
9,120 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Visa pickup

I submitted my application by hand to Hayes office and to collect I just handed in the receipt I had been given. With your situation there appears to be some kind of mix up because obviously you will not have a receipt to produce. I know phoning them is expensive but might be only option as you dont want wasted journey and you want to make sure info is correct that they waiting for collection and not been posted.

shropshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Visa pickup

It says processed and ready for collection and has done since 2nd December. I think they would have posted them by now if they were going to.

London
Level Contributor
9,120 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Visa pickup

I suppose, depending how convenient getting to Birmingham, you could take some documentation such as utility bill and driving licence to prove your identity as you will have no receipt. Or as I suggested, to avoid any possible bureacratic nonsence, try e-mailing again or last resort phone.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Visa pickup

I'm sure i read somewhere on the VFS website that they would'nt be responding to emails from 23/12/09 might be worth hanging on till after the holiday period to see if you get a response.

I would take something like a driving licence, but surely they would realise that you are collecting your own passport which would/should confirm your identity.

As wandering_star says might be worth ringing the premium rate number for clarification.

shropshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Visa pickup

Thanks for your help.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Visa pickup

Hi Jane,

Can I ask what they said and how you picked up your visa? I need to pick mine up without my receipt so am wondering what kind of ID to take. Can't call them till Tues am because of the bank holiday, and we're flying on tues night!

Cheers

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Visa pickup

I'm sorry - you've left it FOUR MONTHS from the time it said 'ready for collection'? It'll be just about out of date by now.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Visa pickup

Er no it said ready for collection from Thursday, two days ago. I just found this thread and, as she had a similar query, wondered what the outcome was.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: Visa pickup

Phew. Sorry - that'll teach me to look at the date!

shropshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Visa pickup

Hi, as I posted the passports I didn't have a receipt so I took utility bills, driving license and the receipt of payment printed when I downloaded the visa forms. When I went to collect the visa they didn't ask for any information apart from mine and my partners name. Hope this helps.

Jane